Saturday, July 14, 2007

Rain, rain, go away...

...come again sometime when we are NOT at the beach!!
We went to Boracay for three days here in the Philippines. We took a little plane ride, a bus, and then a boat to get to this island. It is one of the best tropical beaches. Unfortunately, it rained off and on THE ENTIRE time we were there! What a bummer! This first picture pretty much sums up the beach trip. :) Needless to say, I did not acquire the tan I was hoping for! We did manage to still have a lot of fun there doing other things, though.



We rented scooters for an hour and drove them around the island. I loved driving my own! I owned the road! :)



This is a picture of us taking one of our tricycle rides to get different places. A "tricycle" is a guy driving a motorcycle with this little buggy contraption hooked on to the side. Pretty cool!



In between rain showers, we did manage to play on the beach for about an hour one day (before we got caught in a downpour!) Joey did not care much for the big waves, but he did enjoy the beach toys that Mackenzie got for him.


I think this is priceless.


The night before we left for Boracacy, we all went to the theatre that has recliners for seats. It was so nice to watch a movie that way. Movie, popcorn and pop all for about $7!! Can't beat that! We saw Die Hard 4.0, which actually turned out to be a really good movie.
FYI: Josh and Val have a picture almost exactly like this one that Val posted on her blog when she was pregnant with Bella.


We leave for home tomorrow morning. We have a had a wonderful time here, but we are excited to get home. We are praying that Joey does okay on the flights home (we have Benadryl ready!) :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh bummers! i'm so sorry the weather didn't cooperate! that happened to us on one of our trips there...it was cloudy almost the entire time. it actually was beautiful and sunny on the day we left to go back to manila. oh well. i'm glad you had fun anyway. did josh show you where the bat caves were? =) safe travels home!

Elisa Seaba said...

Oh man, that's such a bummer it rained! The scooters look like fun! We will be praying for you guys that you have a safe trip and that Joey does great on the trip! You gotta love Benadryl!!:)

Meredith Adair said...

is the picture that is like josh and val's an announcement??!?!? : )

i'm so glad that you guys had a great time - even with the rain. i love the picture of joe and joey - so sweet.

Michelle said...

I guess I should clarify that I am NOT pregnant! I have had two people ask me that now based on that post! I was simply stating that Val was pregnant in her picture of that...nothing else meant! But thanks for asking! :)