Monday, July 16, 2007

First Steps!

Today Joey took his first steps all by himself. I guess all that practice with Val in the Philippines paid off--thanks Val! He was so proud of himself.



Look at the smile!



We got home from the Philippines last evening after three long flights. We were so excited to be home. Our bed never felt better! Joey was awake from 3:30-5:00 am this morning, but he seemed to be on a good nap schedule today, so hopefully he will sleep well tonight. Joe and I are both pretty tired, but Joe made it through a full day of work today.

This is a picture out the window when we were on the plane. I think we were somewhere over Alaska. We were flying at 30,000 feet, so you can imagine how tall those mountains were!


This is a picture of the sunrise from the sky.


Overall, Joey did great on the plane. I think he got used to sleeping on us. We had a very nice couple behind us this time who played and talked with Joey a lot. Of course, everyone on the plane was enamored with him!



Thanks for all your prayers for safety. We had a wonderful time with Josh, Val and the girls---thanks, guys, for everything you did to make our stay so great!! Now we are off to bed! :)

5 comments:

Elisa Seaba said...

Good Job Joey! Watch out world! :) Glad you guys made it home safely! I'm impressed Joe worked the day after, Johnny has been all jacked up with jet lag. Hope you guys get rested up and Joey get's right back on his schedule for you! Take care.

Anonymous said...

STINKER! He was just teasing me by pretending he couldn't walk. You know, he would have had much cleaner knees (and one shin) if he'd been walking over here. We're all happy for Joey, especially Mackenzie. Next time we see him, she and Joey can run all over the place together (Bella too!)

Gosh, I'm so glad the flights are over for you!!! It's kind of like labor...you think, "I'm never doing that again!" But, then eventually you forget how long and awful it is and book your next flight overseas. =) I can't wait! Oh, I'm so jealous of that feeling of crawling into your sweet sweet bed.

Well, we had an AMAZING time with you guys and are soooo thankful that you made such a big effort to come over here! We know it's not easy and we love you so much for doing it.

Anonymous said...

Great job Joey!!! Now you are ready for that glove and baseball.

Anonymous said...

ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!

Meredith Adair said...

go joey!! look out michelle! you are going to have to start baby-proofing your house now : ) i love his arms sticking straight out for balance! so cute.

also, those pictures from the plane are great. amazing shot of the mountains.

i'm sure everyone on the plane loved joey - what's not to love! he's so adorable.