Well, not much seems to be going on around the Manthe house this week, which is actually kind of nice!
We did have an eventful weekend last weekend.
First, Joey had his friend Zeke spend the night Friday night. This is the first friend besides Connor (whom we consider family...) that he has had spend the night. Zeke is my friend Callie's little boy, who is 5 just like Joey. For those of you who don't know Callie, we grew up together from 5th-12th grade. And now we live on the same street! Crazy, huh?! It's been fun having a close friend with kids just down the street.
Anyway, Zeke and Joey had a fun night. We got candy, ice cream and a movie for them to watch.
They were great! They got to stay up later than normal, and they got to sleep in Joey's bunk beds. We moved Kylah into Norah's room for the night (which she thought was pretty fun!)
We had a nice and relaxing Saturday and then enjoyed an evening with the Adair's. Well, we enjoyed dinner with the Adair's and then Mere and I went out shopping for a little bit! :)
And then the not-so-fun part of our weekend came...the stomach flu. I think it actually started with Norah. She woke up on Saturday morning with the world's smelliest diaper. I'm not kidding. Kylah (who had spent the night in Norah's room) came into our room at 6:15 Saturday morning saying, "it smells like throw up in Norah's room." No one had thrown up...it was Norah's nasty diaper. Anyway, it took the whole day and a Scentsy in her room to get the smell out.
Then, on Sunday morning, Norah woke up covered in vomit. Besides being a little grossed out, I didn't think too much of it because (after a bath) she was as happy as could be all day long and ate just fine.
We went to church, and on the way home I started feeling a little nauseous. I thought maybe I was just a little carsick and hungry. We got home and fed the kids, and I ate a little lunch, and then went to lay down because my stomach wouldn't settle down. Well, about 30 minutes later I knew why. And then again, and then again. Bummer. I. HATE. TO. THROW. UP!!!
Luckily it was Sunday so Joe took care of all the kids while I layed in bed the rest of the day and night.
And then Joe woke up at 1:30 am that night. It was his turn. Sorry, honey.
We both had to drag ourselves to work the next day, but fortunately it was only a 24 hour flu bug, and I was feeling much better by Monday afternoon. Monday morning was a little bit of a blur, but I don't think I killed anyone at work...
Luckily, the germs seemed to stop there and neither Joey nor Kylah has gotten sick.
We are all healed and eating normally again! :)
And as I turned the calendar today I realized that I have made no plans for a birthday celebration for our third child who turns 1 next week! I better get on that! :)
1 comment:
in response to your comment Michelle i don't know about worse ...maybe just escalated as they become older?! And yep, my voice has just kept getting louder over the years as with more kids we added ...anyhow
Sorry you guys have been sick! Hope everyone is feeling better now! Stomach bugs are the worst!!
Post a Comment