Friday, February 10, 2012

The birthday dinner

 We celebrated Norah's birthday night at home last night with dinner and brownies.
We are having a birthday party tomorrow for her (that's when she'll get her presents.)

I had to include this picture because (even though it's not the best of the kids) it shows Norah's crazy one-toothed grin. She looks like a little hillbilly to me! I wanted to capture it here, because it won't be long before the other one catches up and this crazy grin is gone for good.
(Thanks for the fun yellow t-shirts Papa!)

Kylah got to put the candle on the brownie and Joey got to carry it to Norah.  We could tell Norah knew we were all singing to her because she kept smiling and looking from person to person.

She wasn't really sure what that thing in front of her was.

She grabbed the cupcake and burst into tears. We weren't quite sure what was going on until later (we figured out that she really didn't like the feeling of the frosting on her fingers!)

Then I helped her with a bite of the brownie and she quickly stopped crying.  :)

That's better!

She was pretty serious about her eating after that, but she still would get upset every time the frosting got stuck on her fingers!

Yum!

Pretty sure she got frosting on her fingers again here...or she was just ready for a bath.  :)

We are looking forward to Norah's little party tomorrow. I finished her pinata today...Joe and my mom were impressed (after they both admitted that they had doubted my ability to make a lady bug pinata!) Although, judging from how good I am at drawing animals for Pictionary, I guess I understand why they were doubting!
Here's a little preview!  :)


And here's what Joey and Gramma are doing while  I'm blogging. Joey took a little nap today, so he gets to stay up a little later. He got a new (used, but new to him) Nintendo DS from his teacher at school (they had an unclaimed one at school, and she gave it to Joey).  Anyway, he is loving it. We are having to put a few time restrictions on his playing it...  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That pinata is SO CUTE! You did a great job. How fun! I have a feeling Joey is going to enjoy it the most. =)

How funny about the frosting on her fingers. The girl doesn't realize how wonderful that is! I do believe I grabbed a finger-ful of frosting just yesterday. (Also Cheetos powder is a finger favorite of mine...)

Katie said...

I am very impressed with your pinata. Nice work. I love that first picture. That is the sweetest hillbilly grin ever. Congratulations on the DS, Joey! It pays to be the favorite.