Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fun filled week

Now that it's been almost a week since they've been here, I'll blog about my parents' visit last weekend! :)


We had a blast with them here. They actually got a good price on Priceline, so they were able to fly, which meant we got quite a bit of extra time with them. They got here on Thursday at noon and went to pick up Joey and Kylah at school. I wish I could have been there, because I'm sure they were so excited to be picked up by Papa and Gramma. They spent that afternoon playing and going to see Lion King in 3D. (all while mommy and daddy were at work!)


My dad's birthday was a few weeks ago, so of course we had to have a little party for him. He had a few "helplers" for blowing out the candles.




I let the kids each pick out their own present for Papa from the dollar aisle at Target. He ended up with a sword from Joey and a purple squishy thing from Kylah. :)


And, of course Papa let them open the gifts that they got.



Kylah was so excited! :)


We all wore party hats...even Norah!

And then Joey wore them all. :)


The kids got to do lots of fun things...like style Gramma's hair.


We all went geocaching one afternoon (Geocaching is a fun scavenger hunt-like game that has things hidden all over the world). It's really fun. You should check it out at geocaching.com.



It took us a while to get it downloaded on my dad's phone, so while we were waiting, Gramma and Norah spent some time together.


Joey and daddy did some racing. And then Joey and Kylah played in the dirt, which I failed to get a picture of.


We finally found one! :)


The kids got books read to them a lot. And, unlike their mommy and daddy, Papa and Gramma do not skip any words. Great, now our kids are going to know when we're skipping words!


This was pretty cute of them all cuddled up to Papa listening to the book.


Gramma reads to Norah (this book has been popular with all of our kiddos!)


Joey loves it when Papa is here, because it is a lot of rough and tumble play. (And Joey's always worn out, so it's a win-win situation).


Fun outside playing baseball.


You're out! :)




We had such a fun weekend. Let's hope that Priceline gives you a good deal next time! :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------


How precious is this little one?! I just want to eat her up. For as hard as she was the first 6 months of her life, she is just a joy now. She naps great (1-2 hours in the morning and 2-3 hours in the afternoon), eats great (she's gotten a little chunky since we've started solids, and I'm loving those chunky thighs!), and we're working on the nighttime. :)


----------------------------------------------------------



Joe's brother, Josh, was is in the US right now for a little over a week. He got to spend one night with us this past week.


This is the only picture I managed to get while he was here, but it's pretty cute!


----------------------------------------------------------------



Norah had her first bout with Croup this week. She was a pitiful little thing. And, she didn't sleep much for a few nights.


She never just sits and cuddles like this.


How pitiful. But, she seems to be getting better now!




What a fun-filled week!


And today, Joe's mom and grandma and aunt are here, so we're having another fun day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those kiddos have FUN grandparents! That's great that they get to visit so often. I'm so jealous that Josh got to meet Norah already! :) mackenzie's kindergarten teacher is really in geocaching, so I always follow her treks on Facebook. It seems fun!

Katie said...

I've never heard of geocaching. I'm going to have to check it out. I LOVE that yellow flower of Norah's. That picture with her and Josh is great!