Wednesday, October 12, 2011

8 months

Our little Norah Mae is now 8 months old (well, she was on Sunday).



I thought I'd update on what she's been up to (since her baby book hasn't been opened in a few months. Oh, the poor life of a third child! Luckily I was a third child and still turned out OK...even though my own baby book isn't as full as my older brothers.) :)


Norah:


-is sitting up all by herself now. Sometimes I still put the boppy around her if I'm going to take a shower or something so I know she'll be ok if she does happen to fall.


-is officially a paci girl. She loves that thing.

-still doesn't sleep through the night. She gets up about twice a night right now. I am hoping that once she can find her paci and put it back in herself that maybe she will sleep a little better!


-is NO LONGER swaddled! The few days that our air conditioner was broken broke her of that habit since it was too hot to swaddle her.


-still goes to bed at 7. She would probably go earlier if we let her. (And before anyone asks, we have tried keeping her up later to see if she'll sleep longer, and she doesn't.)


-sleeps on her back. She's not a fan of her tummy.


-is such a happy little girl now. It's amazing to see the difference in her over the past few months. She went from a grumpy, tummy-hurting little baby to a smiley, pleasant infant.


-is so loved by her brother and sister. They are constantly wanting to hold her, hug her, kiss her, get toys for her and play with her. I love it, and I know she loves it!


-is starting to get more hair, but it is way thicker on top, making it look a little bit like a girl-mohawk!


-has started to babble. Her favorites are ba-ba-ba-ba and ma-ma-ma-ma. Joey is convinced that she is saying ba-ba for brother. :)


-can roll over, but she prefers her back so much more than her tummy.


-because she doesn't really like being on her tummy at all, and because I see no inclination of her wanting to even try to crawl, I am wondering if we will have another butt-scooter on our hands. (Is it possible to have three children who all scoot on their bottoms instead of crawl????)


And we'll see if she's a late mover like her brother and sister (Joey "crawled" at 10.5 months, and Kylah "crawled" at 11.5 months!)


-is eating oatmeal with some fruit mixed in for breakfast; a veggie and a fruit for lunch, and then a veggie and a fruit for dinner. She also now eats puffs which has been revolutionary for our family meals. Now she has something to do to keep her occupied while the rest of us are eating!!


-is eating about 4-5 ounces of milk every 3 hours during the day. She still gets breastmilk, but mostly gets bottles because it is faster for both of us and then I can see if I need to supplement with an ounce or two of formula. She will nurse in the middle of the night and then her first morning feeding of the day.


I'm sure there's a few other things I am forgetting, but these are some of the main things she is doing right now. We are all pretty in love with her!


--------------------------------------------------------


Jake and Katie were just here visiting for a few days, so we'll have some fun pictures of that coming up soon!

No comments: