Joe did finally make it home from his weekend trip away last week, but not until Monday afternoon (he was supposed to be home Sunday night.)
The kids and I were all excited to see him. He brought gifts for everyone, which we all loved! Yep, he got me something, too (an hour long massage at a day spa close to our house. It was divine!)
Kylah got a new stuffed puppy, which she has slept with every night since.

Joey got a plane, which he has loved.

And Norah's favorite thing was the tissue paper. :)

Speaking of Norah, I have to document her hair these days. She's got a little mohawk going on, and not on purpose. It's at that length that it just sticks up; plus she's got two cowlics that go different directions, so we'll have to figure that out as she gets more hair!


And Norah's favorite thing was the tissue paper. :)
Speaking of Norah, I have to document her hair these days. She's got a little mohawk going on, and not on purpose. It's at that length that it just sticks up; plus she's got two cowlics that go different directions, so we'll have to figure that out as she gets more hair!
For some reason, all of my kids have had hair like this...thicker in the middle and thinner on the sides.
And then I found this picture of Joey when he was about 8 months old. He has the thick hair in the middle going for him, and I realized that Norah actually resembles him as a baby too!
We spent a quiet Saturday at home. We didn't have a thing to do during the day, so we were able to get caught up on laundry and cleaning. The kids played really well together all day. (And Norah took a 3.5 hour nap in the morning!) Here they are playing mommy and fireman. So cute!

The lighting was perfect for pictures when we left.

We had a very yummy dinner at a nice steakhouse. Joe said it was the best steak he has ever had! Meredith and I had lobster tails which were awesome!

We got babysitters that night and went out with the Adair's for Dave's birthday.
Meredith and me.
The lighting was perfect for pictures when we left.
We had a very yummy dinner at a nice steakhouse. Joe said it was the best steak he has ever had! Meredith and I had lobster tails which were awesome!
This morning for church I decided to straighten Kylah's hair. I've been wanting to do this for a while to see what she would look like without her (gorgeous) curls.
I think we look even more alike with her straight hair! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Joey has been doing a great job of learning to read. He is loving it, and I am loving the awe that comes along with him sounding out words and figuring it out. And by the way, I take no credit for his ability to begin to read. I encourage it and help him, but he has learned most of it at his preschool.
This particular book he is reading in the video he read for the first time that day. The video is the third time he read through the book, so he is much faster than the first time he sounded out and read through it.
Enjoy! :)

4 comments:
Joey's reading is fantastic! And he's not even in kinder yet!! Kylah's hair looks so pretty straight. Or curly, for that matter. You girls will have lots of fun with hair over the next few years. :)
The lighting is never great enough for pictures of Joe ;)
Good job, Joey!! We're so proud of you!!
Great job on the reading Joey! Great picture of Kylah and you! She looks just like you!
Post a Comment