Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fun in the yard

Earlier this week we had a fun evening outside. We had just eaten supper (and left the dirty dishes on the table). The weather was perfect for some fun baseball in the yard.



Joey is pitching to Kylah.




Kylah just kind of runs aimlessly around the yard, but she loves it! Norah started out in her exersaucer. The hour from 6-7 pm is her hardest hour of the day because she is so tired. I was glad I caught this picture because she grabs her ear like this when she is tired. The very first time she did this we were wondering if her ear was bothering her, but then we realized she did this every time she got tired. I think it's precious!

I love this picture of Joey "tagging" Kylah with the ball. They look like they are having so much fun together, and Joey looks like he's actually being somewhat gentle! (doesn't always happen in his little boy world!) :)
Here's a few fun videos of our fun time in the yard. These are the moments that I just love and want to remember. There are so many times that things are stressful and crazy around here with three kids, but times like these make me want to freeze time for a while.

Joey throwing the football with daddy.




He can hit that ball pretty hard!


Kylah gets in on playing catch. Hmmm...she's not too interested in actually catching the ball yet!

Kids playing catch from Michelle Manthe on Vimeo.



-----------------------------------------------------------------

Last night we went to some friends' house for the Razorback game. I think it's ok to say that we have officially come to like Arkansas football. (I can hear my brothers and dad sighing right now...) It's kind of hard to live in Arkansas and not become fans. It's kind of like living in Nebraska. College football is all there is. Come on, we do look a little bit cute in our matching Razorback outfits! :)




The kids had a blast running around the backyard and taking treat breaks every so often.




Joey and his best buddy Connor. They were so sweaty and so dirty, but so cute! :)






---------------------------------------------------


Happy Birthday to my Dad today! We love you!!

7 comments:

Amy said...

Cute Arkansas family :)

Katie said...

Razorback gear or no, that family picture turned out really great.

Alecia said...

Michelle - I love your blog. The family picture is awesome! And you are so right about those special moments. :) Alecia

Anonymous said...

Fun times! A great family yard party makes those hard times totally worth it! :) do the kids know how to calls the Hogs yet? :)

Gram said...

Well...at least you still get to wear RED!!

Gram said...

BTW, Joey looks like he's about 10 in that 1st picture!

Aaron said...

I don't like it...