Today, a lady I used to work with invited me and the kids out to her lake house for some swimming. We headed out their with our friends Amy, Logan and Olivia. It was a little chilly at first, but turned out to be a gorgeous day.
Before we left, I put Kylah's hair in three pony tails. She was pretty cute! (Minus the cracker in her mouth...)
Before we left, I put Kylah's hair in three pony tails. She was pretty cute! (Minus the cracker in her mouth...)
Kylah loved the water as she kept scooting on in. Don't you just love baby booty and chubby thighs?!

Looking like a beach bum.

Kylah and I had some fun on the floating trampoline.

Mommy and Kylah.

The three older kids looking for fishies in the water and froggies by the bucket.

I know it appears as if we are torturing our kids by making them be on this floaty, but really, they did like it.
Have I mentioned how blessed I feel to be able to work part-time so I can still have days like these with my kids?
*****************************************************
In other news...Joe came home with a fun present for Joey the other day.
It all started on our vacation when Dave was telling Joe he wanted to get a set of real golf clubs for Connor. Of course, that got Joe thinking how much fun it would be for Joey to have a set too.
I think Connor got his set for his birthday (hopefully Mere will blog about it and Connor's birthday in general...hint, hint).
Anyway, thanks to Craig's List, we got a used set of clubs for really cheap. I secretly think Joe was more excited to give Joey the clubs than Joey was to get them. (Don't tell Joe, though!) :)
Actually Joey was pretty excited to get "real" clubs like Daddy. Here he is pulling out a club.
I love the look of unbelief on his face that these were really his.
Can he look any older?? Anyone ready for a round.
Joey and Daddy went to the park right away to test out the new clubs. They had a blast, but Joe said he really isn't quite ready to hit the links with his new clubs quite yet. :) Maybe next summer.
******************************************************
Well, we're off again this weekend. We are heading to my parents' house in Ohio for a family vacation with all my brothers and their spouses (minus Kelly and my nephew Michael who are visiting her family in Canada). Joey was a little sad that Michael wasn't going to be there. He has had a countdown of days until Papa's and Gramma's house for 7 days now. Tonight he informed us that he only had 2 more sleeps until he got to go to Papa's house! :)
Well, we're off again this weekend. We are heading to my parents' house in Ohio for a family vacation with all my brothers and their spouses (minus Kelly and my nephew Michael who are visiting her family in Canada). Joey was a little sad that Michael wasn't going to be there. He has had a countdown of days until Papa's and Gramma's house for 7 days now. Tonight he informed us that he only had 2 more sleeps until he got to go to Papa's house! :)
5 comments:
What a fun day at the lake! I love Kylah and her chubby tummy in her bathing suit! Pony tails - sprouts - are so cute too!
So fun that Joe got Joey some golf clubs!! They look so old wearing their golf bags as backpacks! I was just talking to David about how it will be fun when these boys hit 10 (or 3 or 4 or whatever...) for them to go with their dads on the annual golf weekend with them - as a father/son thing! Gotta get them started now when they are young, right!!
Oh, and thank you for the nice pressure of my absence of blogging lately. I actually posted two new ones tonight BEFORE I read this!! So enjoy!! : )
I love the little pony on top of Kylah's head, very cute! I think Joey makes a cute little golfer!
That looks so fun! What lake was that? Joey is looking so old, it is so bittersweet, huh?
Aw, Kylah is adorable in her little swimsuit! I love it. And Joey awesome with his new clubs!
Post a Comment