We spent last weekend at my parents' house in Ohio. We had a great time. Minus missing one of our flights on Friday due to the thunderstorm in Omaha, travelling went well. All of my brothers and my sister-in-law Esther were there as well. (Kelly, Michael and Gina weren't able to make it this weekend.) The guys did a lot of golfing (shocker!). The girls took the kids to do some fun things. We took a lot of naps. We ate a lot of food and ice cream. All in all, a great weekend!
Like usual, I had a hard time cutting down on pictures, so enjoy them all!
Joey and Gramma playing volleyball out by the pool.
Like usual, I had a hard time cutting down on pictures, so enjoy them all!
Joey and Gramma playing volleyball out by the pool.
Glad to be at Gramma's and Papa's!
Kylah's eyeing the pool. It didn't take long for her to get in!
I think this picture is adorable. Tony (Uncle T) sat down at the table to eat his sandwich. All by himself Joey brings in his little chair and plops right down by Uncle T so that he can have some too. Luckily, Tony was more than happy to share. :)
Joey was more than happy to be Papa's helper to make the fire in the fire pit for the night. He actually went back and forth to the pile of logs and brought them to the fire. What a good helper! (I think his motivation was talk of marshmallows...)
The fire's going, and now it's time to roast some marshmallows. Joey looks all business. Isn't that Tow Mater chair adorable?! Apparently my nephew Michael loves it as well, so it will be interesting next time they are both there together!
Joey loved getting to roast marshmallows and make smores out by the fire.
Kylah got in on the fun too. You know you're on vacation when you feed your 14 month-old smores! :)
So there's this game called 'Fact or Crap.' Anyone ever played it? We "played" it one night out by the fire after playing Cranium. We realized how dull and not fun this game was as we were answering some of the questions. It all started with someone throwing one of the game cards into the fire. Then, more cards into the fire. Then the game pieces. We couldn't stop! It was hilarious and so fun to burn this b-o-r-i-n-g game!
All of us got in on the fun.
Apparently this game is "crap" because my brother Andy proved that something they had as fact was indeed crap. Did that make any sense???
It's all gone. Hopefully my dad thinks the fun we had burning that game was worth the $20 he spent on it! :)
*************************************************************
Me, mom and Esther took Joey and Kylah to Young's Dairy Farm. This farm has so many fun things for kids, and some awesome ice cream!
Joey and Gramma feeding the goats. I would have gotten a picture of Kylah with the goats, but she was terrified of them!
They also had these fun tractors that the kids could climb on. How happy does Joey look?!
Driving together.
Kylah wanted to drive her own tractor. She is my little miss independent...which is what my mom said I was like when I was little...hmmm...
Joey, Kylah and Gramma got to ride the train!
A little blurry, but a cute picture of Esther and me.

Going down the slide with Gramma. This was shortly before Gramma turned away for a split second and Kylah went face first onto the ground. It happens... :)
Joey loved these "bikes." He concentrated so hard and just went around and around on the sidewalk.
After all the fun we got some yummy ice cream. Kylah stole Joey's cone while he went inside with Gramma. She loved it! Everyone kept stopping and smiling at her and commenting how her ice cream matched her outfit.
Esther was pretty brave to hold Kylah while she was eating this mess. But minus a few drips on Esther's leg, she didn't get any on Esther's clothes!
Playing Pitch with Uncle Aaron. We thought maybe Kylah could help Aaron and Esther win a game (just kidding!) But seriously...
My dad took Joey to his baseball field at his college earlier in the day, so when they got back they showed us what they worked on. Look at that batting stance!
We had such a fun extended weekend at my parents' house. We did miss Kelly, Michael and Gina! Joe and I always say how great it is to go to my parents' house because we don't do much concerning our kids. It's great!!
We are actually home for a few weekends now. We'll try to get caught up on laundry and house work and yard work. Who am I kidding, I'm sure it won't all get done! :)
We are actually home for a few weekends now. We'll try to get caught up on laundry and house work and yard work. Who am I kidding, I'm sure it won't all get done! :)
3 comments:
what is up with the brown pool water?! :)
So fun! I want to vacation at your folks place. =) That fire pit alone is awesome! I think it's hysterical that you actually burned a game. I have a feeling "them guys" could get on board with that activity.
I'm sure I speak on behalf of ALL of Joey's relatives when I say I can't wait to see what sports Joey plays and excels at. His athletic genes run pretty deep!
So funny about burning the game!! You've gotta do that with a b-o-r-i-n-g one! : )
Love all the pictures of your parents with the kids. You can just tell how much your parents love them! So sweet.
Post a Comment