Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sum-sum-summer time (almost)

With a high of 90 degrees today, we thought it would be a good day to bring out the pool. I had to go in to work for a few hours this morning, but on my way I called Joe to ask him to fill up the pool so that after nap time this afternoon the kids could go in it.
Well, Joey helped daddy fill up the pool this morning and couldn't wait to be able to swim. We are trying to teach him the art of patience, but it's pretty hard for his two-year-old self. Anyway, when I got home around 10, we decided to let Joey in the pool even though the water was freezing cold. He loved it! (Even though he lost his breath every time he went down the slide due to the coldness of the water!)

Pure excitement!


We let Kylah sit outside the pool for a while, but as it warmed up outside, we decided she should have a turn too. It took her breath away, but she was soon splashing and laughing!


Joey is happy to have a playmate in his pool this year.


Every time I blog I tell myself I will only put a few pictures up. Well, 12 pictures later, I realize I have a hard time cutting any out. :)



Not quite as warm as my bath, but still pretty fun!



Joey heard this often..."Joey, you better not pour any water on Kylah's head..."



The slide into the pool is always a favorite.



(Can't you just feel the how cold that water is?!)



It was so fun seeing Kylah in a little swimming suit.



The rear view was pretty cute too.



I love these moments when they are laughing with each other!



Joey was blowing bubbles at Kylah in the pool.


I slathered both kids with SPF 50 two times today, but I think they both still got a little color. (Probably because we went back out to the pool again after nap time!)
Joe is quite burnt. We both need a little base tan before Jamaica! Did you all notice my little ticker in the side bar that counts down the days until Jamaica?!

3 comments:

Andy and Kelly said...

90 degrees! whoa.... great pictures,,, that ticker is hilarious... our time is almost up!
Thanks again for having us - we had fun even though it was quick!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! They both look so happy to be in the pool together.

I'm 95% excited and only 5% jealous about the jamaica ticker.
You guys will have an awesome time, which is why I'm 80% excited and only 20% jealous.
The R&R will be so wonderful and so I can honestly say that I'm 50% excited and 50% jealous. =)

Meredith Adair said...

I think I smiled at every picture!! What a great time being outside! So fun!