Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day at Papa's house

Kylah and I got to go see my parents this weekend. We decided it was time for a little girl time with Papa. (And since Kylah is still free to fly, that made the decision much easier!) :)



Papa got in some great cuddle time with Kylah. Thanks to Kylah not sleeping much at all on Saturday night, she was exhausted Sunday. She fell asleep on my dad for her morning nap and slept for two hours! She never even sleeps on Joe or I! They looked quite cozy, but I didn't take a picture for fear of waking her up!

Kylah loves to feed people her food. Or give anyone anything she has. A little game she plays over and over...and over, as Kelly found out!


Yeah, we had a great time with Gramma too!
My mom was actually a life-saver on Saturday night when Kylah wouldn't sleep. She took over for me around 2 am and had Kylah for the rest of the night. Thanks again mom! Even my brother tried to get Kylah to calm down without coming to wake me up!

I think Kylah was just overly tired and was having a hard time adjusting. She was fine during the day, but her schedule was so off I think that's why she couldn't sleep well.
Don't her and my mom look so cute here?! Well, mom looks cute; Kylah looks a little worried.

Kylah licking the last little bit out of her ice cream bowl.

It turned out that my brother Andy, sister-in-law Kelly, and nephew Michael were there on Saturday. It was really fun to get to spend some time with them too! (And it was fun to see Michael talk so much without our gregarious Joey overpowering him!) :)



Always have to have bath time together. Michael was not too thrilled at first to share his bath, but he soon adjusted, and then they had fun.



Michael had fun being pulled behind Papa's tractor. I'm sure Joey is going to love doing this next time he goes to Papa's house.


Sunday was a nice relaxing day with my dad, my mom, Kylah and I. It was a great way to spend Mother's Day. Kylah and I had an uneventful trip home---for which I am thankful! According to Angie, our babysitter, Kylah was still pretty exhausted today. I'm sure she'll recover in no time. (She slept like a baby--a baby who sleeps great--last night!) :)

Now we are looking forward to my mom coming here on Wednesday. Yep, you heard me right. My mom gets to come here in two days already. Isn't that great?! It's so nice to say good-bye knowing you'll see each other in a few days! My cousin, Nick, is graduating from high school this weekend, so not only is my mom coming, but also Andy, Kelly and Michael. We're looking forward to having a full house!
We'll be having a birthday party here for Kylah on Saturday. (The little tyke gets to celebrate her birthday twice---first here and then in Kansas the next weekend!) You know me...they'll be plenty of pictures to come!

4 comments:

Smits Family said...

Kylah looks sooo much like Joey is some of these pics!

Christine said...

What an awesome time with family! And so awesome that you'll be seeing them again! Have fun this week!

Meredith Adair said...

What great pictures. I'm glad that Kylah got some good Grandma and Papa time! So fun.

Esther said...

I used to love going on my Grandpa's tractor!! Lots of cute pics Michelle!