Kylah has been potty trained for about the past month. We finally just told her that she was going to wear underwear everyday (she had been wearing underwear to school and pullups at home for a few weeks prior, so we knew she knew how to stay dry if she tried.) We were so excited to finally be rid of pullups during the day. And, one bonus to her potty training late was that she literally had maybe one accident at the very beginning, but other than that, knows how to hold it and how to stay dry.
Anyway, then our battle with going Number 2 came. Oh my. This has been a battle. She will hold it and wait until she gets a pullup on at nighttime to go Number 2. We would catch her trying to go in her pullup and put her on the toilet, but she would not go. She said it was scary. Anyway, we are at our wits end, because we know she knows how to go Number 2, she just needs to do it on the toilet! The past few nights (when we know she has to go) we sit her on the toilet and tell her she has to stay on the toilet until she goes poopy on the toilet.
Oh. My. The. Drama.
She cries the whole time she's on there. But, both nights, after about 10-15 minutes she has actually pooped in the toilet! Yay!
But, here's the funny thing. The first night after she actually went, she came to the bathroom door, and when we asked her if she went, she started bawling! She could not stop crying. We tried to figure out why she was crying. We asked her if something hurt. No. We asked her if she was scared. No. She just said, "it made me cry." Well, we still celebrated! Same thing last night. She started bawling again after she went in the toilet. Again, "it made me cry." Maybe she's just so overwhelmed with emotion! :)
Seriously, I don't understand girls. I know I am one. But, I guess I don't understand 3 year old girls! :) And, just think...we get to do this again with another little girl. :)
3 comments:
Ugh, we have just as much drama with our 3 year old boy! He's great with peeing on the toilet, but seems to lack all bowel control! It's so frustrating (and odd)! Why does potty training have to be such a big thing?
Anyway, that's great that she's doing it even if it's a little traumatizing at first!
OK...know you've heard this before and probably don't want to hear it again. "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree" (you were exactly the same way with the #2 business...not quite as much drama, but almost :).
Well, when I saw your title I was going to comment that I love drama, but I know this is getting old for you so I won't. Even though I know it is not funny, it kindof makes me laugh to think of it being so emotionally overwhelming just to go to the bathroom.
Post a Comment