Monday, November 28, 2011

Manthe Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving with Joe's family this year. It was a nice and relaxing holiday with lots of great food!




Thanksgiving was a beautiful day.


Norah spent a little time with Grandpa.




James got out one of his old army men games and played with Joey. They were pretty funny to watch, and Joey had a great time.





Joe is the official "turkey carver." He would make his Papa proud! I think this was his smoked turkey from the Green Egg. There was also a bigger turkey that was cooked in the oven. We never have to worry about running out of food at the Manthe house!






Here is almost everyone gathered around the Thanksgiving table. We missed you Josh & Val and kids, and Jeff! Gotta love the kids' table. :)


I should have taken a picture of the food: turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy (I made homemade gravy...I think I won Joe's dad over, but I'm not sure about his brothers!), stuffing, green beans, cauliflower and cheese, Val's sweet potato casserole, homemade rolls, and fresh cranberry sauce.


YUM!






These two had some fun together this weekend. They are starting to interact a little bit more, which is so fun to see. (Doesn't Naomi have the best eyes ever?!)Here they are "talking" to each other. Always have to have something in each of their mouths...




Joey and Kylah got to help Nana decorate her tree. Nana has an awesome tree with ornaments that each actually do something when you push a button. The kids love it, and they loved getting to decorate it. (Good thing, because we might miss out on having a tree here at our house this year since we are moving in a few weeks.)





Saturday night we all went to Power Play (think a bigger ChuckECheese or Dave & Busters). The kids always have fun, and always get to ride some fun rides.




Kylah is a fan of the swings.





Jason was the only one brave enough to go on this ride with Joey (actually he was the only one that didn't think he would get sick with all that spinning!) :)





Fun Dip and prizes at the end!



We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. I got some good naps in. The kids had a great time playing. We all ate some great food. And we spent a lot of fun time with family. Couldn't ask for more. On Saturday I was telling Joey that I needed a hug because I felt like I hadn't really seen him for a few days (he is just go, go, go when we are at Joe's parents). He told me he would cuddle with me when we got back to Arkansas. :) I guess he just didn't have time for that there!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*Great post! We love pouring over the family pics. =)
*You've won Josh over. He loves homemade gravy! (pssst! Katie, do you remember that one time we attempted homemade gravy, but didn't dissolve the flour/cornstarch, so then we were just picking clumps out of the roast drippings? Michelle, you're 1st chair in gravy-making!)
*Yes, Naomi's eyes are GORGE! I love the pics of the two little baby girls together. They're beautiful!

*Hmmm...what else? LOVE the kids table!

*Let's see...we'll have 3 in high chairs next year. I guess we'll take shifts?

*Smoked turkey = mouth watering.

*You mentioned the dinner menu, but what about desserts??? It's kinda the most important...

*Yeah, I'm getting nauseous just thinking about that spinny ride!