Thursday, December 9, 2010

guitar and cookies

Joe is learning to play the guitar! He is pretty excited about it, and he's been very good about practicing almost every night, so I'm sure he'll learn in no time.
His ultimate goal is to be able to play and sing to the kids.
Joey and Kylah already think it's great that daddy plays the guitar.
I love the look of joy on both of their faces in this picture as Joe is singing to Joey.

Daddy even lets them play sometimes if they are very careful.
Joey, especially, loves to sit with the guitar and play. This particular night, he played and sang his entire Christmas solo (for his upcoming school Christmas program) as he played. It was adorable!
----------------------------------------------------------
On Tuesday, we went over to Callie's house and let all the kids make Christmas cookies! I love the Christmas holidays, and it wouldn't be complete without making some cookies.
We spread out some dough for each of them, gave them cookie cutters and let them go to town. We did help them transfer the cookies to the baking sheet since we were getting quite a few odd shapes as they were broken in the transfer! :)
Zeke, Joey, Kylah and Sophia.


This little rolling pin that Callie had was Kylah's favorite. She just kept rolling her dough over and over. She didn't really care if she cut out shapes or not.

Joey was a hard worker. He wanted to do each step all by himself. He did so well, and it was fun to see him decorate them with frosting and sprinkles too.

Kylah is a girl after her mommy's heart. You can't have too much frosting or too many sprinkles on a cookie! She tried to take a bite out of every cookie she made, so I had to be quick to swipe them after she decorated them so she didn't eat them all!

We had such a fun time with the cookies. I'm going to have to think of some more fun Christmas crafts/recipes to do because the kids are really enjoying the Christmas holiday as well.

On a side note...does that pregnancy ticker up there say 66 days? Oh man, we have not gotten anything ready for this baby yet! (Oh, the craziness of being a third born starts even in the womb!) Hey, I was a third born, and I think I turned out pretty good! :) I'm hoping after Christmas is over we can get things ready in a few weeks. You just keep baking in mommy's tummy, you hear me baby?!

3 comments:

Jana Faye Murphy said...

I love that Kylah looks just like I remember her. Such a beautiful little girl!

Anonymous said...

Can Joe play "Smelly Cat" yet?

Esther said...

Third borns always turn out wonderfully:)