Little Kylah is pretty sick. She started wheezing and being hoarse yesterday afternoon. Joey had this same croupy cold last week (and is still coughing!), and he was quite wheezy with it too. Kylah's wheezing (stridor is actually the technical term of the way Kylah is breathing if you really want to know!) of course got worse throughout the night. Kylah and I were up a lot last night, and we spent a lot of time sitting in the bathroom getting all steamed up! I gave her a few nebulizer treatments, but nothing seemed to help her too much. She woke up about 6 am this morning struggling a little too much for our comfort, so we headed to Children's ER, where they gave her a shot of Decadron (steroid) and a strong breathing treatment. It definitely helped, but we will watch her closely throughout the day. Luckily we were able to rearrange our patients, so Joe is home with her now, and then I will get off early, and we'll switch. (And thankfully the patients I had scheduled this morning that had to reschedule were very understanding!)
She is still being her sweet little self, all the while wheezing like a long-time smoker! :) We'll keep you updated, but I'm sure she'll be fine as time goes on. Thanks for your prayers!
3 comments:
So sorry!! Hope she feels better soon!
I'm so sorry!!! That is the worst thing! That wheezing is awful!
Poor sweet girl! We're praying that she feels better soon!
Post a Comment