School has officially begun. These two were up bright and early and ready to go! It makes it so much easier on me when they are excited.
Since Joe goes in to work earlier now, I am the one that takes them to school. I made a checklist for each of them of the things they need to do in the mornings to be ready to go (get dressed, eat breakfast, feed fish, brush teeth, etc...) I think it will be helpful so I don't have to keep telling them what to do for us to get out the door since I will have to be getting ready for work some of those days too. They were both pretty excited about their checklists and had them all checked off when it was time to go. :)
My 1st grader. Isn't he so handsome?! He loved his first day at school today. He loves his teacher and he has a friend that played all star baseball with him that's in his class. Perfect!
And my sweet Kindergartner. I couldn't get her to not put her head to the side this morning, and I didn't have time to take 20 pictures, so this is what we get! (Deacon, did she learn this from you????)
Kylah loved her first day. I think she was pretty exhausted by the end of the day, but she only had good things to say. She said her favorite part today was nap time, which surprised me because she hated nap time in preschool. She said she like nap time in Kindergarten because it is really short and she was pretty tired by the time nap time came (she didn't sleep, though, just rested). :) She didn't know anyone in her class, but Kylah's good friend Kennedy knows someone in Kylah's class and told her all about her, so Kylah is good friends with Caroline already. :)
Look who we ran into on the way into school this morning! It's so fun to have our best friends at the same school as us! Kylah said she saw Joey and Audrey for a little bit out at recess and gave both of them a hug. So cute!
And these long lost friends were adorable walking in to the school this morning. They did this all by themselves.
Did I mention we are so glad to have our best friends back from Ireland?!?! (You should have seen our kids on Tuesday night when the Adair's got home. Those were some of the best hugs I have ever seen!)
Kylah was all smiles when I dropped her off in her classroom this morning. She was happily coloring when I left. No tears (for either of us!)
Can you tell Joey was pumped about being back in school? I love his enthusiasm!
We are so blessed to be going to this new school. We know so many good friends at this school and other friends from gymnastics and preschool. We have felt welcomed and loved, and both Joe and I feel like this is definitely the right place for our kids.
We are also blessed by the fact that the kids are able to go home with friends on the days I am at work. Joe gets off at 4 now, so it works out perfectly for them to go hang out at friends houses (thank you Meredith, Leigh and Tricia!) until he can pick them up. I feel much better knowing where they are at and what they are doing and who they are with! Today they went home with Miss Leigh. They had fun eating Popsicles and swimming with Trinity and Kennedy!
As much fun as summer was, Joe and I are ready to have our evenings back. :) The kids were in bed by 7:40 tonight and asleep by 8. Perfect. :)
.jpg)
.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment