Saturday, December 29, 2012

10 years

 Yesterday was Joe and my 10 year anniversary. On one hand it seems like that was just yesterday that we were getting married, and on the other hand it seems like he has always been in my life. We feel like we have been very blessed to have a great marriage. Not always easy, but great. Joe is my best friend and the most selfless husband I know. 

As you may remember, we went on our "anniversary trip" to Florida in September, so yesterday was a pretty low key day. Joe took the day off from work to be with me (and the kids), so that was a fun surprise! Joe went and got me my favorite cinnamon scone from Starbucks and donuts for the kids, and then later that morning we took the kids bowling. I joked that our anniversary turned out to be a pretty fun day for our kids! :) It was a pretty fun day for us too.

 After the kids went to bed last night, Joe cooked us a fabulous dinner on the Green Egg: filet mignon, lobster tail with butter and garlic, baked potatoes, and steamed broccoli. So good!

We had a nice, quiet meal, which is always a plus! :) We had a fun time reminiscing about different years in our marriage and our actual wedding day (I took a cold shower on my own wedding day!!  Anyone remember that?...Mere, Christine?)  :)

Happy 10 years, babe! I'm looking forward to many more!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Ummm...nope. Don't remember the cold shower. I guess that was before my time. No fair making references to funny stories and then not telling. You have to fill me in sometime. I'm dying to know.

Anonymous said...

oooh, love the great dinner after the kids go to bed. Sounds PERFECT! Glad you had a terrific anniversary. =) How about a post and pic about your ring????

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had a great anniversary :) And, I LOVE Norah's pig tails!!