The weekend continues!
Saturday morning Jeff and Courtney met us here at our house and rode the rest of the way to Kansas with us for Courtney's shower. It was just me and Joey and Kylah for this trip. Since Norah has proven herself to not be the easiest traveller in the world, we opted for her to stay home and have a daddy weekend (especially since we were gone just a day and a half!)
Jeff and Courtney are getting married in October, and we're so excited to have Courtney as a part of this (crazy) Manthe family!
She fits right in with us. :)
Val did a great job with the decorations! Since the wedding colors are orange and light blue, she went with a fall theme, and it looked great. I loved her idea of putting pictures on the pumpkins!
We didn't think we would fill up the whole table, but indeed we did! There was a great spread of tortilla soup, cucumber sandwiches, jalapeno popper dip, fruit kabobs, chocolate chip cream cheese dip, cake balls, and blue and orange punch. This makes me want to go eat all this again! :)
We had to play a few shower games. Grammy really got into the couples matching game, especially since there were a few classic movie star couples that only she knew! :)
Great Grandma (GiGi) and Great Aunt Trish had fun figuring out the answers together too.
These ladies (yes, that is including Joe's mom!) totally cracked us up. They all grew up together, and all still live in the same area, so it's fun to see them together. During the game I'm pretty sure there was quite a bit of cheating going on, but as long as they were having fun! :)
We played a trivia game about Jeff and Courtney. I think of the 25 questions, Courtney only got about 4 wrong! Not too bad!
Courtney got some wonderful gifts.
The 6 sister-in-laws. Joe's dad really wanted a picture of all us girls together. Luckily he loves having daughters-in-laws around to boss around all those boys of his! :)
I really am blessed to be a part of this family. And I love that I have so many fun sister-in-laws!
(In case you were wondering who goes with whom...L to R: Val (Josh), Katie (Jake), Courtney (Jeff), me (Joe), Heidi (Jason), Brianna (James).
The other great thing about going to Kansas this weekend was getting to meet my two precious nieces, Sarah and Leah. Sarah was 18 days old, and Leah was 4 days old.
Kylah was enamored with the babies.
And I loved getting to cuddle both little newborns, especially at the same time! They were so sweet, and their mommas were such troopers to come hang out all night with us!
Even though we were only there for about 24 hours, Joey and Kylah made the most of their time with their cousins. Uncle Meat (Jeff) bounced them on the trampoline. Kylah was the only smart one and got off when Uncle Jeff started bouncing!
Brianna was so sweet to play LIFE with all the kiddos. She was very patient with them, and they loved it. Joey still has his little crush on Brianna. When I put him to bed on Saturday night, he asked me if Brianna was going to church with us the next morning. When I said yes, he asked, "is she going to look so pretty, mommy, and have curls in her hair?" So sweet. :)
This little sweetie is one of the most relaxed babies I have ever met (although I am a little biased since my sweet Norah is not a relaxed little baby...) :) He just crawls around, climbs into drawers, hangs out in his high chair, and smiles.
We had such a fun trip to Kansas. I can't wait until the wedding in October when we are all together!

1 comment:
Hi there!
I have a quick question about your blog! Please email me when you get a chance.
Melanie
Post a Comment