Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Happy 10 years to us (a few months early...)

Has anyone been wondering where I have been, why I haven't blogged in a while?  :)
Well, for my faithful few readers I have, here is my recap from our recent trip to Panama City Beach, FL.

Joe had a meeting with his company in Panama City Beach, so we thought we would stretch the time out, stay longer, and celebrate our 10 year anniversary. Our actual anniversary isn't until December 28th, but it often gets lost between Christmas and New Years and traveling, so it was nice to celebrate it early.

Joey got to stay here with his best friend, Connor. He had a blast! I think Mere and Dave did pretty well having 5 kids! :) Thanks guys!

Kylah and Norah got to stay at Nana and Grandpa's house. We were very thankful that Val and Josh were there, too, since Nana had to work during the days. I think Val was a mama to 6 kids this past weekend! :)  When Kylah got home she said, "I obeyed Grandpa and Nana and Uncle Josh and Aunt Val because they were all in charge of me." Thanks everyone!

We had a really early morning flight to Florida last Thursday, so we slept most of the 2 flights there. This is in the car on the way to our hotel.

We didn't really know what to expect since we didn't exactly pick out the resort/hotel. We just extended our stay and stayed at the same place that Joe's work has us booked.
We were so pleasantly surprised to walk into our room and see this view form our balcony.

Perfect!

We quickly got into our swimsuits to head to the beach/pool.

There were a few pools on the property. We ended up spending most of our time at this pool, which was much quieter and less crowded than the main pool. I think we're getting old...  :)

It was fun to get dressed up at night to head to dinner. Beautiful sunset on the beach.

We wanted a little seafood restaurant to eat at that night. We had a map and picked a place off of it. Turns out, the place looked much closer on the map than it was in real life. I think we walked about 5 miles round trip. My feet were a bit sore after that! 

After another glorious day of laying out by the pool, hanging out at the beach, and literally doing nothing all day on Friday, we headed to a luau that Joe's work put on. It was really fun with live music. (And the leis and shell necklaces made good souvenirs for the kids!) :)

They served roasted pork at one of the stations.

Yes, that was a pig's head you saw... 

We had another fun few days of doing nothing (well, actually Joe did have to go to meetings during the day on Saturday and Sunday morning), but I relaxed and again, did absolutely nothing but read, nap, and watch TV (when I got too hot). It was fabulous! 

Our last night there we headed to a fancy restaurant (we called this our actual celebration dinner for our 10th anniversary.) :)

The place was called Firefly, and it was awesome.

The bread was so good and was served with 3 different sauces/butters: while mushroom cream cheese, tomato/basil puree, and strawberry butter. 

I had the Caprese salad.

Joe had She Crab soup. 

Then our actual meals arrived.

I had a steak and shrimp pasta.

Joe had Rack of Lamb with orange, chipotle pesto glaze.

Dessert was a scrumptious Creme Brulee.

And now I realize why I gained 5 pounds during this vacation.... 

It really was amazing!

Our last day there we had to check out at 10 am, but then didn't leave for the airport until 4 pm. We had a long day in the sun, but it was awesome.

Panama City Beach 2012.

When can we go back??!!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was all excited to read this post (even though I caught the highlights in person!) and it didn't disappoint! I'm glad you guys got away together and that the girls got to hang with us. (I think I'll be saying "pop-toits" and "foiks" for years to come:)