Wednesday, June 6, 2012

year 33

I'm a few days late in posting this, but Joe had a birthday last Friday!  33!  Woo Hoo!  :)

We had a family celebration here at home on his actual birthday.  First up...a hunt for his birthday presents. The kids love to hide presents!  :)

We always let the kids pick out their own gifts from the dollar aisle at Target. They own it, and they come up with some good stuff.  (I did have to redirect Kylah from some flowery note cards and remind her that we were getting a gift for daddy!)  But then she came up with this Nerf football. Perfect!

Thank you! :)  
(PS...Dad, did I mention that Kylah wipes off our kisses now?  Remind you of anyone?  And she started doing it all on her own!)  :)

Joey picked out a frisbee.  Perfect!  :)

Of course they had to play a game of catch.

We might need to work on her catching skills a little bit...starting with not closing her eyes.  :)

We put the kids to bed that night, and then Joe grilled us both a delicious steak on the Green Egg.  I felt a little badly that he cooked on his birthday, but he quickly reminded me that grilling on the Green Egg is not work!
I should have taken a picture of our plates...it was awesome!

On Saturday, we got a babysitter and went out to dinner with our best friends.

  Mojitos is always a yummy choice!

The guys.

And the girls.

Happy Birthday, babe.  I love you!!

------------------------------------------------------

and just for fun...
here's how I found Norah while cooking dinner tonight. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun birthday celebrations! I love the Target dollar bin gift idea. I'm penciling in a double date to Mojitos, ok?