Friday, June 8, 2012

swimming and blueberries

 We have had some fun pool days these past 2 weeks on my days off.  We have gone to the public pool, and to Meredith's neighborhood pool.  The kids have had swimming lessons all this week, so they are getting more and more confident.
Popsicles are always a fun treat at the pool!  :)

Norah is not too sure about the water, but she usually warms up to it after a while.  Unfortunately she hates the little baby floaties, so I have to hold her the whole time in the pool or be in the baby pool with her.

Last Friday was actually a cool morning, so we thought it would be a great morning for blueberry picking. We found a blueberry farm not too far away, and we met up with Christine and Meredith (I'd link to their blogs, but I'm pretty sure they've both given up on blogging.)  :)

The girls were great pickers.  Ok, actually I think Kylah ate more blueberries than she put in her bucket, and Norah wasn't too helpful.  :)  But don't they all look so cute?!

Jakin and Joey were both great pickers, and they had a blast together.
We ended up with some great blueberries.  I made fresh blueberry muffins that night, and then I froze the rest of the blueberries.  I'll have to do some more baking soon!  :)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny to see swimsuit pics a week after long sleeves. I guess that's what my kids are going through, only now it's in the 80's and my kids are still in long sleeves! :) We're hoping to do some berry picking next week.

Yeah, tell Mere and Chris to fire up the ol blogs! Their readers want them back! :)

Katie said...

I'm so glad you haven't given up on blogging. I love seeing all you fun activities. Blueberry picking sounds so fun. I've got to do that this summer.