Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas party and playroom!

We celebrated Christmas with the Adair's last night.
The kids have been so excited to give the Adair kids their gifts. I think we spent the whole dinner telling the kids not to tell each other what they got each other! :)

The kids got to dip and decorate pretzels. Fun and yummy!
Kylah was enjoying it!
 That's my kind of decorating, Kylah! :)
 The boys were concentrating pretty hard on what they were doing.
 I tried to get a picture of the big boys opening their gifts from each other, but they were moving too fast!

 The littlest ones were pretty cute opening their gifts, too. Norah was pretty happy with just the paper!
 The girls were sweet and gentle when opening their presents (completely opposite of the boys!)
 I don't think these two could be any sweeter!

And we actually got all 6 of them in a picture!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news...we are really enjoying our new house. Having an extra room (play room!) really makes a big difference. Instead of bringing all of their toys into the living room and making a big mess there, the kids can get the toys out in the playroom and make a big mess in there (where I don't have to see it all the time!)
It seems like Joey and Kylah have really been enjoying playing in their new house.
I am always amazed at how creative they are when they play and the things they pretend to do.
Here is Joey being Stan the Handyman (carrying bathroom rugs!), while Kylah was Miss Pattycake.
 One view of the playroom. We have a mini TV in there so we can put movies on for the kids if we need some quiet time! :)  It's great to have room to put some of these toys.
I really shouldn't be blogging right now, when I have laundry to finish and packing to do, but I needed a break.  :)
Wish us luck on our long drive to Ohio (Joe wants me to test the Benadryl out on Norah...)! We are looking forward to a fun Christmas with my family!

4 comments:

Mom/Gram said...

Good job singing, Kylah!! Does anyone else think that Kylah in picture #6 looks like Mackenzie when she was that age? And when did Joey start looking so grown up??? What a blessing to have such good friends and playmates!! Reminds me of you kids and the Schroeders...everyone was matched with a friend between the two families.

Can't wait to see you all. Have a good drive!! If the Benadryl doesn't do the trick, little pieces of Bonine may :)

Katie said...

That play room look so fun! Good luck with the trip (and the Benadryl)

Amy said...

So glad you have a playroom- it's life changing as you know from your former basement! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, Connie, on both the Kenzie resemblance and the grown-up Joey! He's such a big boy. The years are going just a tad to fast for my liking!

Have a terrific trip and visit with your fam! We're praying for your drive and that the Benadryl works it's magic! Let us know how it goes!