Thursday, March 3, 2011

gaining weight

I forgot to put some important news on my earlier post today...

Norah went to the doctor today for a weight check/3 week appointment.

We had taken her to the doctor when she was 5 days old for a weight check. At that time she had lost quite a bit of weight. She was down to 6 pounds 15 ounces. She was 7 pounds, 10 ounces at birth, so I was a little concerned. Her doctor was not concerned at all, and didn't even want us to come back for another weight check until today. (It's actually pretty normal for breast fed babies to lose up to a pound after they're born.)

Drum roll...

Today she weighed 8 pounds, 1 ounce!!

Little thing has been eating good and gaining weight! I actually knew she had been gaining weight, because her clothes fit different and her face and thighs were filling out a little.

No comments: