Sunday, November 14, 2010

Babies!!

Christine and her kids came over to play with us last week. Joey always has a blast playing with Jakin and Anna (especially his super hero friend, Jakin!)
Not a great picture, but the only one of the three of them.

Look at those tough super hero's!

I didn't get a picture of Kylah and Mikaiah, but they were so cute together cooking up a storm in Kylah's little kitchen!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe's parents came and picked up Joey and Kylah Wednesday morning so they could spend a few days with them. (I know, they seriously drove all the way here to get them and took them back to Kansas!) It was a nice, quiet few days around here without the kiddos!
It was actually Joe's dad's idea to come get the kids because he had a few days off work. Jennifer warned him that she still had to go in to work for a while and had some practices to go to. Jody still wanted to do it, and I'll give him credit, he even changed a poopy diaper!! :)
The kids had a blast as always with Nana and Grandpa and were full of stories for Joe and me when we got there Friday night.

On Saturday I had a baby shower for my sister-in-law Katie, who is due with her first baby in late February (a few weeks after me!) We are both having girls, so we're pretty excited.

Val, this one is for you! We know you've been wanting some belly shots! :)

In reference to the belly pictures...I say whoever says everyone carries girls high has never seen Katie. Look how low her belly is and how high mine is. Crazy!

Here was the table full of the goodies.

It was so fun to be able to see both of Joe's grandma's at the shower. Grandma Manthe is in the blue. Joey and Kylah actually got to go see Grandma Manthe at her house. Grandma said she never thought she'd see the day when her son (Jody) would get out of a car alone with a diaper bag on his shoulder, carrying one grandchild and walking with two others! :) I tell you what, he's super Grandpa!

Grammy was also at the baby shower. (and Kylah just woke up from her nap and is cuddling with Nana.) :)

Look at that pile of presents Katie got! I love all the pink!

Such small little shoes.

Gotta love the girlie clothes!

And, just because she is so cute...Kylah is sporting some Pippy Longstocking braids I put in for her!

Not many people can pull off that look, but I think she can! :) (and don't mind the stains on her shirt...she just ate a Starburst.)

Kylah loving on Grammy.

So while we spent the morning getting ready for the shower and then hanging out with women all afternoon, all the guys spent the day cleaning out Grammy's basement. Joey worked all day right alongside the men. Apparently he did really well, and even helped out when Grandpa assigned him things to do. It's so fun that he's old enough to go hang with the boys all day.

That night, Grandpa sat Joey down and gave him some money for all the "hard work" he did that day. He gave Joey a lesson on tithing...he gave him four one-dollar bills, and then 4 quarters. He explained to him why we give Jesus part of our money, and told Joey he needed to put 2 quarters in the offering at his church. Joey didn't get it at first (he's never earned money before!), but after we talked about it for a while, he understood today and was excited to do it. How adorable is this little talk they are having?!
We had a fun weekend in Kansas. Next up...Thanksgiving in Nebraska!! Looks like I have some laundry to do in the next week!

3 comments:

Amy said...

That's so awesome that they picked up the kids again! You are looking so cute.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME post! I'm so so SO bummed that I couldn't be at the shower. =(

Your baby bumps are PERFECT! You're right, the bumps are the same height even though Katie is a few inches taller. =)

I love the picture of Kylah snuggling with Nana! So sweet. And how precious that Jody taught Joey about tithing! What special grandparents our kiddo's have. =) Glad you had a fun time!

Elisa Seaba said...

You two with your bellies are so cute!!