Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A good night for golf

Remember when I talked about Joey's birthday gift from my parents coming in the mail?
Well, yesterday afternoon, our UPS guy (who seriously knows all of our names---do we get too many packages??!!), brought a big box to our front door.
Joey excitedly opened it to find a new set of golf clubs. You may remember that he did get a set last year, but we found that those were way too big for him.
So, my parents got him a set for 4-7 year-olds.
He was ecstatic! We called Joe right away to see if he would take Joey out golfing after work. It doesn't take too much to convince Joe to go golfing...

Joey in the fairway.

Let's take a little closer look at this picture to see how much like his daddy this little boy is trying to be...(click on the picture for a larger view)

Look at that back swing.

Joey loved being on the course with daddy.

Kylah spent most of her time in the cart with me, eating Twizzlers...

...and drinking Powerade.

Joey gets to pull the flag out for himself and daddy on every green.

Kylah decided to take a break from the Twizzlers and Powerade to see Joey do some putting.

Joey is showing Kylah the finer art of putting.

It was so much fun to go golfing together as a family. This is the first time I've gotten to see Joey on the golf course, and it was great to see him in action!

Thanks again Papa and Gramma!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! Whenever I see Joey golfing, I think of that picture of Tiger Woods golfing as the 3 year old. =) That picture of Joey could be in a future SI!!!

Aunt Susan said...

That is so cute! He is really into it.

Aunt Susan

Meredith Adair said...

So fun that you guys went out! Love the description of how Joey is dressed like Joe! Adorable! :). I'm glad Kylah was enjoying twizzlers with you - where were the gummy worms??

Meredith Adair said...

So fun that you guys went out! Love the description of how Joey is dressed like Joe! Adorable! :). I'm glad Kylah was enjoying twizzlers with you - where were the gummy worms??

Meredith Adair said...

Don't really know why that published twice...