Wednesday night we went out to eat with Dave and Mere (and Matty!) for Joe's birthday. We went to Fish City for 'All You Can Eat' Crab Legs. It was amazing! It was so fun to go out with Dave and Mere...it'd been a few weeks since we have gotten to hang out with them (other than at the hospital). Amazing how we have gotten so used to living close to them and seeing them all the time already!
Pre-dinner (we could still button our pants). :)
Pre-dinner (we could still button our pants). :)
When we placed our order, we could tell our waiter was excited. 4 people ordering the pricey all-you-can-eat Crab Legs??? Let me tell you, between the four of us, we definitely got our money's worth! They keep track of how many sets of crab legs they bring out to the table.
Drum roll please...
Our table got 41 crab legs brought to us. I think we left maybe one on the plate, so we actually consumed 40 of these pretty babies...
Let me clarify...the above picture represents ONE of the forty.So, we averaged 10 of these per person.
I'd like to say that the boys ate 15 each and Mere and I each ate 5, but that would be a tiny bit of a lie. I'm pretty sure Mere and I kept up pretty well with the boys. It was more like 9 each for the girls and 11 each for the guys. In our defense, you don't get super full while eating crab legs...until after you've consumed 9 of those crab legs! :)
I've gotta admit, my stomach was hurting a little in the middle of the night.
__________________________________________________
In other news, looks like someone got her mama's olive skin tone. And look at how the sun is giving her little highlights too (and no, Mere, I did not put Sun-in in my daughter's hair!) :)
She decided to have a seat in front of the washing machine this morning to blow bubbles in her milk.
Normally we don't let them blow bubbles in their milk at the table, so I'm pretty sure she was trying to be sneaky (hard to be sneaky in an 1100 square foot house!) :)
As you can tell from the tans (I swear I've been lathering them in 50 SPF sunscreen too!), we've been spending quite a bit of time outdoors. This morning we swam in our little pool outside and played with water in the driveway. Joey and Kylah were having fun putting water in their mouths and spitting it at each other---another no no inside, but outside totally fine!
Anyone who has ever been a mother of more than one child knows what a delight it is to see your children enjoying each other like this!
Kylah found her boots in the garage and wanted to play in them even though it's 90 degrees outside. Oh well, I'm sure they won't fit her next winter anyway.
Joey was supposed to be taking a nap, but how can a 3 year old nap when he can hear laughter and screaming outside his window. So, I released him from his room and sent him outside.
While I'm blogging on the deck, Joey is next door doing this with the neighbor girls.
Seems like I should be napping on a Saturday afternoon instead of blogging. Hmmm...maybe I'll go switch with Joe (who is currently napping) and try to get a little nap! :)
5 comments:
Oh that suit and boots picture is priceless!!
Wowza! Those crab legs look de-lish! I'm putting that place on our To-Do list the next time we're town.
I LOVE Kylah in her swimsuit and boots! It looks like they are having a blast this summer. =) Only a super-fun mama would let her son skip naptime to go play. =)
PS: We have those exact pink cups with the built-in straw! (I bought them at Kmart in Guam!) The kids LOVE blowing milk bubbles too. =)
You know you put sun-in in Kylah's hair! : )
Love the picture of Joey and Kylah laughing! So sweet! Makes you smile looking at them!
Those crab legs were awesome! Did you mention that we all didn't look up for about 30 minutes as we were STUFFING our face!! Then we hit our stride and didn't stop for over an hour?? Right - we are a little crazy! : )
Post a Comment