I've never been one to make New Year's resolutions, but I think it's a good idea, in theory.
I think we could all benefit from making new goals for ourselves every once in a while (and if some people are inspired to do it every January 1st, then more power to them!)
Anyway, so I've been thinking about some things I would like to get accomplished in the next...hmmmm...I haven't really made a time frame for these things.
In no specific order:
1. Clean out my e-mail inbox.
I currently have 1,575 messages in my inbox. I always think "I may need that later," so I don't want to delete anything. It's come in handy a few times, though! My friend Amy recently cleaned out her inbox (I think she had more than mine in hers) and challenged me to do the same.
2. Print out photos and put into albums.
This is going to be a big one. Seriously, I haven't printed out a picture since September of 2006. I fear that when my kids graduate from high school I'm going to have to go hunting for pictures for them. (Sound familiar, mom?!) :)
Mere, we may have to do this one together...without kids.
3. Work out at least twice a week.
I know for some of you this may seem like an easy one, but between working, spending time with the kids, spending time with Joe and keeping up with housework, it seems like it's hard to find time to work out.
My goal is to go early on Tuesday and Friday mornings before Joe leaves for work. This way I don't have to take the kids to the gym with me (they are in daycare the other days, so I'm sure they would rather not be in another childcare while I work out!)
4. Give up candy and dessert
Done.
I can check this one of my list. I gave up candy/dessert for the month of January. I did it last year, too. I always feel a little pudgy after the many holidays, so this seems like a good way to feel good about myself/fit into my jeans better.
I almost didn't make it through our trip to Hot Springs last weekend (no thanks to you, Katie!) :)
5. Sell our house in Nebraska.
This one I'm hoping gets on the "done" side quicker than some of the others!
6. Read my Bible more regularly.
I don't know about you guys, but I always struggle with reading my Bible consistently. I know it would benefit me as well as my family!
7. Get through more seasons of 24.
We have watched seasons 1-3. We always have to get geared up to start a new season because we get so into it that we can't stop watching it. We've stayed up late many nights in the past to "just watch one more episode."
8. Get involved in a new church.
We loved our church in Nebraska. We really want to find a church here in Arkansas that we can get involved in. We want to be able to use our gifts (mainly Joe singing), serve, get connected with other Christian couples, and get our kids involved in the children's ministry.
9. Not back into any dumpsters.
Oops. I guess I can cross this off the list.
Yep, I backed in to the dumpster behind my office the first day I was there. I didn't hit it very hard, but now I have Deffenbaugh green on my right rear side and a broken tail-light.
Oops. :)
(In my defense it was icy...)
10. Not get any speeding tickets.
I guess you can't put this on your list, can you Joe?! :)
Well, I think that completes my list of things I want to do in 2010. I may think of more, but I'm pretty sure this will keep me busy for a while!
We're getting a huge ice storm right now. The leash for Simba out back has already stuck to the porch. My mom's flight has already been cancelled for tomorrow morning, so she'll be coming to see us next weekend instead! Everyone here is freaking out a little bit. They had a huge ice storm last year that knocked out power for 2 weeks for some people. Apparently one of the Walmarts was out of bread today. People are really stocking up! :)
I'm hoping we don't get it as bad as they are saying we might!
I think we could all benefit from making new goals for ourselves every once in a while (and if some people are inspired to do it every January 1st, then more power to them!)
Anyway, so I've been thinking about some things I would like to get accomplished in the next...hmmmm...I haven't really made a time frame for these things.
In no specific order:
1. Clean out my e-mail inbox.
I currently have 1,575 messages in my inbox. I always think "I may need that later," so I don't want to delete anything. It's come in handy a few times, though! My friend Amy recently cleaned out her inbox (I think she had more than mine in hers) and challenged me to do the same.
2. Print out photos and put into albums.
This is going to be a big one. Seriously, I haven't printed out a picture since September of 2006. I fear that when my kids graduate from high school I'm going to have to go hunting for pictures for them. (Sound familiar, mom?!) :)
Mere, we may have to do this one together...without kids.
3. Work out at least twice a week.
I know for some of you this may seem like an easy one, but between working, spending time with the kids, spending time with Joe and keeping up with housework, it seems like it's hard to find time to work out.
My goal is to go early on Tuesday and Friday mornings before Joe leaves for work. This way I don't have to take the kids to the gym with me (they are in daycare the other days, so I'm sure they would rather not be in another childcare while I work out!)
4. Give up candy and dessert
Done.
I can check this one of my list. I gave up candy/dessert for the month of January. I did it last year, too. I always feel a little pudgy after the many holidays, so this seems like a good way to feel good about myself/fit into my jeans better.
I almost didn't make it through our trip to Hot Springs last weekend (no thanks to you, Katie!) :)
5. Sell our house in Nebraska.
This one I'm hoping gets on the "done" side quicker than some of the others!
6. Read my Bible more regularly.
I don't know about you guys, but I always struggle with reading my Bible consistently. I know it would benefit me as well as my family!
7. Get through more seasons of 24.
We have watched seasons 1-3. We always have to get geared up to start a new season because we get so into it that we can't stop watching it. We've stayed up late many nights in the past to "just watch one more episode."
8. Get involved in a new church.
We loved our church in Nebraska. We really want to find a church here in Arkansas that we can get involved in. We want to be able to use our gifts (mainly Joe singing), serve, get connected with other Christian couples, and get our kids involved in the children's ministry.
9. Not back into any dumpsters.
Oops. I guess I can cross this off the list.
Yep, I backed in to the dumpster behind my office the first day I was there. I didn't hit it very hard, but now I have Deffenbaugh green on my right rear side and a broken tail-light.
Oops. :)
(In my defense it was icy...)
10. Not get any speeding tickets.
I guess you can't put this on your list, can you Joe?! :)
Well, I think that completes my list of things I want to do in 2010. I may think of more, but I'm pretty sure this will keep me busy for a while!
We're getting a huge ice storm right now. The leash for Simba out back has already stuck to the porch. My mom's flight has already been cancelled for tomorrow morning, so she'll be coming to see us next weekend instead! Everyone here is freaking out a little bit. They had a huge ice storm last year that knocked out power for 2 weeks for some people. Apparently one of the Walmarts was out of bread today. People are really stocking up! :)
I'm hoping we don't get it as bad as they are saying we might!
5 comments:
Wooh! Great list. I'm with you on a lot of them! I think the candy one I'll do after I have this baby. I don't know if I want to tackle my inbox. I have over 3500 in mine... The picture one is a must. I also want to figure out how to print off the blog. I think I say that every year. Well now that it is written - it must be done! You can do it!!
cleaning out your inbox... here is what you do (aka, what I do)... I am a classic pack rat, it is inherited... as you know from my mom and her mom and so on and so on (joke lang mom)... just create folders in various categories: family, JBU, High School, etc, etc... then you can still save ALL of your emails, but not in your inbox.
and FYI, my resolution is to stop using the triple period so much... there it is again... crap... again... i can't stop, I am addicted!
Josh
Meredith... they have a service where they will print your blog in a book format. We are going to do it soon too for Val's blog, like a coffee table book. I am looking forward to doing it. It will be legendary... totally awesome!
Josh
I was just going to email you to see what happened with your mom's plans. I'm glad she can come so soon.
If you get the name of that blog printing service from Josh, please pass it on!
Did joe get a ticket on Dixieland by chance?
[u][b]Xrumer[/b][/u]
[b]Xrumer SEO Professionals
As Xrumer experts, we secure been using [url=http://www.xrumer-seo.com]Xrumer[/url] for a wish time for the time being and grasp how to harness the enormous power of Xrumer and build it into a Banknotes machine.
We also provender the cheapest prices on the market. Diverse competitors see fit charge 2x or temperate 3x and a destiny of the term 5x what we pervade you. But we believe in providing gigantic mending at a low affordable rate. The whole something of purchasing Xrumer blasts is because it is a cheaper variant to buying Xrumer. So we plan to stifle that thought in cognizant and afford you with the cheapest standing possible.
Not solitary do we be suffering with the most successfully prices but our turnaround in the good old days b simultaneously payment your Xrumer posting is wonderful fast. We intention take your posting done before you discern it.
We also outfit you with a roundish log of successful posts on different forums. So that you can notice over the extent of yourself the power of Xrumer and how we get harnessed it to benefit your site.[/b]
[b]Search Engine Optimization
Using Xrumer you can think to realize thousands upon thousands of backlinks in behalf of your site. Myriad of the forums that your Site you intent be posted on have high PageRank. Having your tie-in on these sites can really mitigate strengthen up some top dignity endorse links and as a matter of fact riding-boot your Alexa Rating and Google PageRank rating via the roof.
This is making your put more and more popular. And with this inflate in reputation as familiarly as PageRank you can expect to see your area in effect filthy high in those Search Locomotive Results.
Conveyance
The amount of transportation that can be obtained by harnessing the power of Xrumer is enormous. You are publishing your site to tens of thousands of forums. With our higher packages you may even be publishing your locality to HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of forums. Imagine 1 collection on a stylish forum will almost always rig out 1000 or so views, with signify 100 of those people visiting your site. Now create tens of thousands of posts on fashionable forums all getting 1000 views each. Your traffic ordain function because of the roof.
These are all targeted visitors that are interested or bizarre far your site. Envision how divers sales or leads you can execute with this titanic gang of targeted visitors. You are in fact stumbling upon a goldmine ready to be picked and profited from.
Reminisce over, Above is Money.
[/b]
GET YOUR CHEAP DEFAME TODAY:
http://www.xrumer-seo.com
Post a Comment