Thursday, January 7, 2010

Officially in Arkansas

Well, for those of you who were wondering where the Manthe's have been...we finally made it to Arkansas! I haven't been able to blog, because we haven't had internet at home (thanks for letting me use your computer tonight, Mere!) I also haven't had my phone (I left it at Joe's parents' house), and we haven't had cable either, so we've been spending our time getting our house put together.

Speaking of our house...it is tiny, but it's cute. We have a ton of boxes in the garage, but that makes us so thankful that we have a two car garage with this little house! I think it will make us so thankful when we finally do get a bigger house someday (if our house in Omaha ever sells...)

I can't say the trip down here was very fun, since we had to drive in snow the whole way and it took us about 8-9 hours total, but we were thankful when we finally arrived.

Joey was a little confused the first few days and kept thinking we would be going back to our house in Nebraska, but now his prayers include thanking Jesus for being in Arkansas, so I think he gets it now. Kylah doesn't seem to notice too much.

I'll start my job on Monday. I had lunch with the doctor I'll be working with today. She seems really nice and laid back, so I think it will work out well. We'll be actually splitting time at the office, because she is cutting back to part time. I'm excited to get started there!


Here's a few pictures of the last week...

Amy and Greg were such a good help to us those last few days in Omaha. They spent all day Friday (their day off for New Year's) with us helping us finish boxing up everything and taking furniture apart. And then they came back bright and early the next morning (when it was -7 degrees!!!) to help us load up the U-Haul.
We had a good time those last few days, and we even planned out a weekend for them to come see us here in Arkansas, so we all have something to look forward to!!
Thanks again for all your help, guys!


Joe and Greg took a lot of time planning and packing up Joe's TV. It was his little baby through the trip, but it got here unscathed! (Thanks to Grammy's big TV box...thanks Grammy!)

We also had a lot of help unloading the truck in Arkansas.
We had quite a few little helpers (7 kids running around to be exact!) But it still went really well, and the kids had a blast. Luckily, all the guys helping us unload the truck were daddies, so they were good about dodging the kids!

Brian and Joe played basketball together in college. I played volleyball with Brian's wife, Christine, so we are glad to be living close to them again!

Joey discovered this Mr. Incredible outfit when we unpacked. He's been wearing it nonstop.

Joey and Kylah went sledding yesterday in our backyard. It was the perfect little hill for them.


We've already made friends with our neighbors! The lady that lives next to us seems really nice, and she and her husband have two girls. The ten year old helped Joey and Kylah sled in our backyards yesterday. They had a blast, and the little girl seemed to have fun too!

Joey and Kylah made their first little snowman yesterday. I thought it turned out pretty cute!

We've been seeing a lot of these superheroes lately...

Joey and Kylah have been having fun with Connor and Audrey.

Singing the "Jammies" song with everyone before going to bed.


Well, it's now 10:15 pm, and none of the kids are actually sleeping. Maybe it was the crazy song we danced to before we put them to bed... :) We're watching the football game, but it doesn't seem too exciting.
We're supposed to be getting Internet on Saturday, so hopefully I'll get to see your comments! But, we were also supposed to get cable on Sunday...and then today...but since Arkansans don't do so well with the snow/ice, they weren't able to come hook it up yet. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yey! So glad to hear that you made it to AR safely! I've been thinking about you guys and praying for the transition. It sounds like all the details are falling into place. I can't wait to hear more about it. Seeing the picture of you and Amy makes me wonder....

.....where are you going to get your hair done now????

Anonymous said...

So glad you made it! I have been watching for updates daily. It is good to see you settling in and how well the kids are adjusting. Come back soon for a Roja night.

Elizabeth said...

So thankful to see your post. I've been checking everyday to see if your trip went o.k. So sorry to hear about the snow. Have fun settling in and I hope your new jobs are everything that you hope for them to be. Hugs and kisses to the little ones!

Andy and Kelly said...

Glad to see that you made,,, been wondering how things are going. Hope you had a good first day at work too and you are starting to get settled - Yay! ~Kel