We got almost 12 inches of snow over the past two days. Quite a bit in my opinion. Not only is there mega amounts of snow, the wind chill is way below zero.
(This isn't actually a picture I took, but it gives you an idea of what's around town.)

We had to come up with some different things to do today.
First of all, we missed this guy like crazy!
(This isn't actually a picture I took, but it gives you an idea of what's around town.)

We had to come up with some different things to do today.
First of all, we missed this guy like crazy!
We watched this movie a few times over the past two days. I rented this for Joey, and we had popcorn too!

We tried to brave the cold to go play in the snow. The kids lasted about 5 minutes. But the hot chocolate afterward was a hit!
Luckily, one of our kind neighbors came and used this to get all the snow off our driveway! (We took them cookies later.) :)

I was quite well taken care of since Joe is away: our next door neighbor snow-blowed our driveway yesterday after the first round of snow. Our friend Greg was going to load his snow blower up in his car to bring it over to do our driveway. Another good friend of ours, Tim, had his wife call to check on me and offer his services for snow removal. And then around noon today I look outside and our neighbors across the street are in our driveway clearing it totally off (I will also say that neither of our neighbors knew at the time that Joe was gone---awesome neighbors!!)
I received a call yesterday from my dad telling me that I better not try to shovel the snow by myself. He told me "pay someone to do it if you have to." I assured him that we had plenty of friends and neighbors with snow blowers, that I thought we would be ok. Then, a few hours later, my oldest brother calls. One of the first things he says is, "don't even try to shovel all that snow by yourself." :) So nice to be so well taken care of (over-protective?????) I love them, though! And, I wanted to remind both of them that I'm pretty sure when I was young I was forced to go shovel the snow off the driveway with my brothers...hmmm... :) But I obeyed and didn't shovel it.
I received a call yesterday from my dad telling me that I better not try to shovel the snow by myself. He told me "pay someone to do it if you have to." I assured him that we had plenty of friends and neighbors with snow blowers, that I thought we would be ok. Then, a few hours later, my oldest brother calls. One of the first things he says is, "don't even try to shovel all that snow by yourself." :) So nice to be so well taken care of (over-protective?????) I love them, though! And, I wanted to remind both of them that I'm pretty sure when I was young I was forced to go shovel the snow off the driveway with my brothers...hmmm... :) But I obeyed and didn't shovel it.
Meanwhile, back inside, we built a nice big tower out of blocks (and every other toy Joey could find lying around.)
Look at that beauty!
They played in laundry baskets for quite a while.
After our driveway was clear, we braved the roads to go hang out with the Nunamaker's. Amy cooked a good dinner, and the kids had some play time.
Then it was home to bed for the kids, and then Amy came over to watch a fun girlie movie with me.
Then it was home to bed for the kids, and then Amy came over to watch a fun girlie movie with me.

(Good movie, but the book was better!)
Now I'm talking to my hubby, and then I'll be off to bed.
Now I'm talking to my hubby, and then I'll be off to bed.
2 comments:
Sounds like you made the most of it. I bet you were wishing Joe was stuck home too....That is crazy that your neighbors plowed without even knowing Joe was gone. And I laughed out loud at the over protective guys who were the same ones forcing you to shovel years before. Sounds familiar :)
SO FUN!!! What amazing friends you guys have. So glad you got to enjoy the freezing cold weather done something fun! :)
Post a Comment