Our friends had a 15th anniversary and had not been away alone together in many years, so we told them to leave their kids with us and go away! :)
They have an 11 year old, 8 year old and a 7 month old. So I definitely got my baby fix for a few days!
Joey had a field trip on Friday so baby Ember got to join us. I kind of forgot how much different (aka harder) it is to have a baby with you on these things! But thankfully Meredith was there too and helped a ton!
I had plenty of helpers back home.
It was a rainy Saturday so baseball games were cancelled. It cleared off enough later in the day to hit the trails with bikes and scooters (and a stroller). :)
We also stopped at our friends house to see their new puppy!
And went to Joey and Kylah's piano recital.
Sunday was bright and sunny and clear enough for a few baseball games. So we loaded up all the kids again and went to cheer on Joey.
Ember doesn't look too thrilled to be there...
My friend DeAnn got in a lot of snuggles at the baseball game too!
It was a full weekend (with a little less sleep than I normally get...), but it was fun having a full house and a baby around. Well, Joe may disagree about the baby part. He likes Ember, but was reminded that he is happy that we are out of the baby stage! :)
I was quite exhausted for the next few days, but I'm so glad our friends got to enjoy some fabulous time away together.
No comments:
Post a Comment