We had a fun time in Nebraska over Thanksgiving. All of my brothers and their families and my parents met at my uncle's house in Fremont. Him and my aunt have a great old house that we can all fit in. It's cozy with all of us there but so fun!
On our way to Fremont we stopped for a night with the Nunamakers.
The kids had so much fun playing together, and we adults got in plenty of games of Settlers!
I can't believe how big Joey and Logan are now!
On Wednesday we headed to my aunt and uncle's house. We enjoyed a laid back day of playing games and relaxing.
I think we had 33 people around the tables for Thanksgiving dinner. Chaotic but fun!
Here the kids are waiting for their turn to say what they're thankful for.
I love my mama!
Papa was able to get the kids out back for a while and get a game of tag going.
I did a lot of snuggling with my kiddos and nieces. I think this snuggle was after a nice nap Norah and I had just taken. :)
We love having little babies around again. Mia wasn't a big fan of Joe. I think she cried every time he looked at her! He was trying to get on her good side here...
The boys love their Papa (I think the feeling is pretty mutual!)
There were iPads and Kindles played for countless hours. I'm not a fan of it because I think it makes our kids just want to play them more and more and not be creative, but they were on vacation too, so they got a good amount of time playing them.
It was so good to see my grandma (Nona to the great grandkids)
Kylah got lots of snuggles with her daddy.
My cousins both have girls that are older. My little girls LOVED playing with these older girls, and they were so sweet to my little girls.
Sweet Olivia.
I love Mia's chubby, squishy cheeks!
Luca was teaching Nona a thing or two about the Kindle.
I think my mom had a baby in her arms at all times. :)
The weather was beautiful the last day we were there, so the kids actually spent quite a bit of time outside. Uncle Pete put all the kids to work cleaning up sticks and leaves in his backyard.
My dad made some fabulous pizza the last night we were there. Luca was his helper.
My friend Sarah stopped by to see us on Saturday night. Her little daughter Berkely is the same age as Norah and they are so fun to watch together.
It was so good to see them!
This was just a highlight of our fun time over Thanksgiving. You can imagine how chaotic it gets with that many people in one house, but I love the chaos and family all around. We played lots of games and had lots of good chats. And of course, the food was fabulous.
We were thankful to get home on Sunday and enjoy a little less chaos and quiet (well, as quiet as three kids can be...)
When we got home on Sunday afternoon the kids of course asked if they could play the Kindle, phone, or watch of movie. The answer was N-O! We told them to go play together.
They set up this whole double wedding ceremony with their animals. Joey was the pastor. It was adorable. I do love when they are creative!
2 comments:
Love!
So many good pictures! That one of Olivia is amazing and the one of Joe and Kylah. Looks like you guys had so much fun. Can't wait till it's our turn!
Post a Comment