Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Mandair Christmas

With Christmas fast approaching, we decided that this past weekend was the best time to have our annual Manthe/Adair Christmas celebration. (Mandair is the name we used to put on the waiting list when we used to go out to eat when we were all first married...I think we need to bring that back!) :)

Anyway, we have been looking forward to this fun night, and the kids have been looking forward to this fun night. The snow was about to put a damper on our celebration, but Dave and Meredith braved the ice and snow and made it to our house (thankfully Dave has a truck!)

The kids all dressed up nice (well, actually we made Connor and Joey put nice clothes on for this picture, and they put back on their comfy clothes about 2 seconds after this picture!)

These two are just too much! Precious!

And little Andrew couldn't be any cuter.

All of the kids exchanged gifts with each other. I'll spare you the pictures of everyone opening gifts (since they'll be plenty of those on Christmas!), but I do have to share this picture of Joey. He is always the most expressive gift opener. I love it!

Norah loves her Uncle Dave.

Meredith and I had a fun night. We actually beat the guys in Spades later in the night! That's a good night! :)

These two are our little mini-me's.

We fed the kids before the adults ate. The kids got steak (not the great kind!), macaroni and cheese, hotdogs and broccoli.


While Joe was still cooking our fabulous dinner, we made good use of the snow and made snow ice cream with the kids.

It was a hit!

Kylah loved the snow ice cream (and she needs to stop growing up and getting so beautiful!)

Move time for the kids while the adults enjoyed their dinner. (The adult dinner consisted of filet mignon, grilled shrimp, asparagus, and baked potato. It was fabulous!!)

Connor, Audrey and Matty got to spend the night, so it was a fun morning with all the kiddos. Really, they play so well with our kids that we love having them around. Joe cooked a big breakfast of pancakes, eggs and bacon, which all the kids loved.
After breakfast: wrestling. :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE seeing your girls in my girls dresses! It's so sad that they grow out of them so fast,(especially Christmas dresses!) but I love seeing them on our sweet nieces. =)

I assume that fab meal was cooked on the egg? You never know...you may have just microwaved the filet mignon.