Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Hot Springs

 Joe had a continuing education seminar to go to in Little Rock this past weekend, so the kids and I joined him so that we could stay in Hot Springs. Jeff, Courtney, James, Brianna, and Aunt Kris all live in Hot Springs so it was a good excuse to see everyone! :) We got to stay at Jeff and Courtney's new house, which is just adorable. The kids loved it because it had an upstairs (they are fascinated with stairs...) :)

We got in on Thursday night, and our kids were so excited. I think they enjoy being spoiled by so many aunts and uncles. :)
**I forgot my real camera, so all these pictures are from my phone...bummer**

 Friday was a work day for everyone, so the kids and I had the morning to kill. We found a fun park and enjoyed the nice weather. Then we headed to the school where Brianna and Aunt Kris teach and brought them lunch. The kids loved seeing them at a different school and eating lunch in a different cafeteria. They even got to stay for recess!

After a quick nap for Norah I headed back to the school to "watch" volleyball practice. Brianna is helping coach the high school there so she told the coach I was coming. The coach pretty much wanted me to run practice, so I had to dig into my memory to remember how to run drills! :) It was fun. Joey and Kylah got to stay in Aunt Kris' classroom while I was at practice, and they played school the whole time. They loved it!

The next day we went exploring at a nearby park and stream. The kids are right at home exploring in streams, so they had a blast.

Norah was pretty attached to her Aunt Brianna (or Miss Anna as Norah called her....) :) I think Norah is a little confused by why we call some people Aunt and Uncle and some people Mister and Miss. She kept calling Jeff "Mister Jep" too. :)

Aunt Kris is such a fun aunt. I know she was one of Joe's and his brother's favorite aunts growing up, and she is just as awesome to my kids. She took Joey and Kylah to her house on Saturday afternoon to make goo. How fun! 
Norah loves her too!

When they got back from making goo, we all went swimming in a neighbor's pool. It was very refreshing and fun. And it is always fun to have aunts and uncles around to throw and play with the kids. 

Joey and Samuel had a lot of fun playing together this weekend too. Samuel is the son of one of Aunt Kris' best friends, and he is her little buddy. Him and Joey always have a good time playing together. (Sidenote: the place that we went swimming is a friend of Kris' from church. The lady and guy have older kids, their youngest being teenagers. Anyway, while we were swimming, the dad brought out popsicles for everyone. I thought it was so sweet that he doesn't know us at all and doesn't have little kids anymore but thought to bring out popsicles for all the kids. So sweet!)

We enjoyed just relaxing at Jeff and Courtney's house with everyone in the evenings. We watched a few movies (while Jeff played Pokemon....yep....) and just enjoyed being together.

Sunday morning we all met at Cracker Barrel for a big breakfast. It was fantastic!
 We then headed to church. Three of the six "boys".

 Kylah loves her Uncle James, and he loves his "Crackers." :)

And three of the six sister-in-laws. We missed everyone else, but we had a fantastic time!

What a fun weekend!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Somehow I missed this post. But I love it! It feels like forever since we've seen everyone. I wish we were there