Wednesday, July 14, 2010

To the doctor

Well, the kids finally saw their new doctor here in Arkansas for their yearly check-ups.
I do love our new doctor Dr. Keever (I actually met him because he took care of Matty when he was in the hospital with meningitis, and I was impressed with his care and bedside manner).
Anyway, the kids loved him too!
Joey was a little nervous going in to the appointment because he thought for sure the doctor was going to put things in his ears and swab his throat (all things I have done to him). After multiple---like hundreds---of reassurances, Joey was ready to go.
Nurse Terri checked us in. She checked all of Joey's and Kylah's vital statistics, and then took Joey's blood pressure. Joey thought that was pretty cool! Then she asked if Joey could pee in a cup. Nothing tells you your little boy is getting older like them having to pee in a cup at the doctor. Well, Joey actually thought this was pretty cool, so he was ready to go try that right away.
Success!
Dr. Keever came in, and Joey starts chatting it up with him right away.
The doctor looked up from the chart and at me at one point and says "well, I guess we don't have any language issues here, do we?" :) Nope, not my Joey!
Kylah slowly warmed up to him. After poking his stomach a few times (I have no clue...) she started chatting with him as well. She was quite the cooperative patient for the doctor!
Both kids got clean bills of health and no shots, yay!
Here are their stats:
JOEY
Height: 42.5 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 37 pounds (60th percentile)
KYLAH
Height: 35 inches (60th percentile)
Weight: 30 pounds (75th percentile)
So, to sum up, Joey's built like his daddy, and Kylah's built like her mommy! I'm still holding out hope that Kylah will get a few more inches on her than her mommy did!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that everyone is happy and healthy! =)

Hooray for no shots! That's always what my kids ask about whenever going to the "doctor" is mentioned.

Amy said...

You're funny with your last comments. :) glad it was a good visit!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?