Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What a fun 24 hours!

Josh, Val, Mackenzie, Bella and Deacon came up to our house last night for a quick visit. (Joe's brother, wife and kids). We got a babysitter for all the kids (thanks Brynn and Chris!), and the four of us went out to dinner. Val and I were reminiscing about the last time they were here and we went out...we only had one child between us then; now there's FIVE! Staying up til 1:30 am seemed so fun last night, but I was definitely feeling it today at work! I'm actually getting ready to head to bed---at 9:15!

Needless to say, Joey adores his cousins. Although, there are still arguments and fights and "no! yes! no! yes!....." between the three older ones. Mackenzie slept on Joey's floor which was fun for them. Joey was pretty sad tonight that Mackenzie wasn't going to be sleeping in his room again.

I don't have any pictures of Kylah and Deacon. I think Val has a few on her camera, so I'll steal some from her blog when she posts! :)

I love the way Bella talks. She calls me "An Shell" and Joey "Joo-ey", and she talks about Kylah non-stop. She is such a sweet, cuddly little girl, but she's got a stubborn streak in her!



Here's the three bums on the air mattress watching what I'm guessing must be Cars. Val promised me that she would dress Joey in real clothes today while I was at work (unlike last week with Joe)! :)

Joey wanted to go bye-bye with Mackenzie and Bella to Grandpa and Nana's house this evening. He was pretty upset about it, but Val and I tried to convince him he would miss mommy and daddy too much. I'm thinking Christmas will be a blast with all these cousins together this year (we have these five and also our 1 year old niece Hannah.)

**********************************

I just checked Val's blog after I posted mine, and she had some pictures of Kylah and Deacon for me to steal. As she said on her blog...they look like they could be twins, but Kylah is 5 months and Deacon is 2 months! We didn't weigh them, but to me it felt like Deacon is pretty close to surpassing his older cousin in size!



I'm not sure who put the bunny ears on Kylah, but Joey loves to keep putting them on her!

4 comments:

christine said...

So cute!! Love the contrasting stripes/solids on Deacon and Kylah. They really do look the same size!!

Anonymous said...

Love them :-) Joey and Kylah, and your nieces and nephew, too! Everytime we leave your house, Chris says, "I like them!" :-)

Anonymous said...

...as in you guys, just to clarify lol. he likes the kids, too, but he means you and joe :-)

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful time with you guys (as usual!) Thanks for a great time! We're already looking forward to next time.

That's so sweet that Joey wanted his roommate back! I know Mackenzie thought it was a treat.

Brynn, thanks again for taking such great care of the kids! Bonus points for Chris, who had the honor of changing Deacon's nasty diaper. =)