We got to go home yesterday evening. Kylah got all gussied up for her first trip in the car. This outfit she is wearing is the outfit I went home in about 27 years ago. The lace is a little yellowed, but overall still adorable.
My mom loved that she got to see both me and her granddaughter in this outfit.
The trip down the hallway as a family.
Getting into the car. We had a much easier time this time installing the carseat! Joey was ready to get home and eat, if you can't tell by his expression.
Home at last...
We actually went out to eat tonight. Poor little Kylah is only 2 days old, but we felt the need to go out to eat. She did great...slept the whole time in her carrier.
My mom bought these matching outfits for Kylah and Audrey for tonight. Quite adorable!
My mom bought these matching outfits for Kylah and Audrey for tonight. Quite adorable!
Joey's giving his baby sister kisses before bedtime. He has been so tender and loving with her, minus a few not so gentle touches.
Joe surprised me tonight with a mother-daughter necklace. It is beautiful, and is made to come apart to give part of it to Kylah someday. Kylah already has her daddy wrapped around her little finger!
Our first night home went so well. Much different than our experience with Joey. Kylah woke up twice during the night to eat, but went back to sleep after each time. I hope this trend continues...she will be our little hero if she continues to do this well! She also seems to be so laid back, and luckily seems used to the noise around her (aka Joey) already. She's a champ at nursing. All in all, we feel so blessed to have this little girl in our lives.
6 comments:
I can't believe you have already ventured out this quick...I thought I did. Way to go!! Looks like you are feeling well. Love the name and think she is very beautiful. So special to get to share the dress with your daughter. Glad she is sleeping so well for you...the 2nd ones are easier.
I totally agree about the 2nd being easier, at least in those first few weeks! I think everyone, including baby, is more laid back just because you're an old pro this time around. =) Everything was easier with Bella in those first few weeks.
Great pics! Audrey and Kylah look so sweet in their matching dresses. I love the idea of the mother/daughter necklace! Very sweet. =)
Take care, and oh, have I mentioned she's beautiful?
Kylah is SO beautiful! I think she looks just like you Michelle! Congrats!
Love Gina
I miss her already!
Audrey lit up when I was showing her all of the pictures of our trip! She pointed and exclaimed, "baby!" So cute.
Congratulations, you guys! She is beautiful! We are so happy for you and so happy that everything went smoothly with the delivery. Sounds like you've got a keeper! Michelle, you look great!
congratulations michelle & joe! she is beautiful.
Post a Comment