Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Let the Games Begin....

9:40 am:

At 4 in the morning I was startled awake by my wife who informed me that her water just broke and she was having "different" contractions every 5-6 minutes that were not like the Braxton Hicks she has had over the last few months. Upon looking outside and seeing the 5 inches of snow on the ground already and the 19 more predicted to fall over the next few hours we figured it would be best to just get to the hospital so I didn't have to deliver this baby at home or in the car. Just to give you a little perspective of how much snow we are getting (remember we are in Arkansas where they don't see snow all that often) they have closed the interstate and we are going to get more snow today than what normally falls in a whole year!

Our first phone call was to Meredith and Dave, it took a little for Dave to wake up, but when he told Meredith what was going on I heard her scream through Michelle's phone, needless to say she was very excited. Like only best friends would do, they loaded their 3 kids into the car at 5:30 AM and headed over to our house, through 6 inches of snow and plenty more falling. Dave is currently at our house watching all 5 kids (I am sure he would covet your prayers) while Connie (Michelle's mom), Meredith and myself are here at the hospital.

Here is the beautiful pregnant lady, counting down the minutes to her epidural, I think she asked for one when she checked in but they said she needed to wait. :) (Michelle here: I am proofreading this before Joe posts...to clarify, I have not asked for an epidural yet, AND we had to stop at McDonald's on the way so my entourage could get breakfast!) :)


I will keep you posted throughout the day. We remembered to bring "everything" except the cord to download pictures from our camera, but we do have an I-phone here so we will be able to download a few pictures. Please pray for us, and all the things that need to happen, to bring baby Norah into this world safely and healthy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! What an exciting way to start Norah's birthday!!! =) We're praying for all!

Elizabeth said...

Woohoo! Just sent a note to Nicole and Ashley. We are so excited to see little Norah.

Sassytimes said...

How exciting! Best of luck!

Unknown said...

I was going to tease you today saying you'd go into labor the day before your induction. That is exactly what both Logan and Olivia did. So glad you all made it there safely and your mom made it in!! We are praying for you!

Smits Family said...

YAY! I will be praying! Can't wait to see pics of your little girl!

This snow is crazy... you thought you left Nebraska weather huh?!

Anonymous said...

At last you're finally there! Joe's story that he might have to deliver the baby at home, reminded me that my dad had to deliver me in a car going 60 mph. The good thing was, he was a vet and delivered horses, cows, pigs and what was a daughter to deliver.
Good to see Connie there. Now Michelle get to work!
Love you all
Grammy

Jessica said...

Ahhhh! Yay! Praying for you guys :)

Jessica said...

Just got the picture! So beautiful :)

Elisa Seaba said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see pictures!

Kena said...

Congrats Joe, Michelle, Joey and Kylah!!! So very excited about the arrival of little Norah!!! She is precious! Can't wait to hold her!! Love you guys!!!