Sunday, February 13, 2011

Grandparent time!

Norah is a blessed little girl.
She has gotten to meet all her grandparents this weekend.

My mom was here when she was born, so she has had some good Gramma time. My dad flew in on Friday afternoon to meet his newest granddaughter.

Papa and Gramma love the new little one.


Nana and Grandpa came Friday night. (Kylah is still enthralled with her little sister.)

They even brought Grammy with them!

We took Norah out to Chik-fil-A on Saturday for her first outing.
Of course we had to get her in a cute outfit for her first time out, complete with bow! :)

I think this picture is so sweet of the three kiddos.

The kids love Papa time because it is rough and tumble and never stops. I'm not sure where my dad gets the energy, but the kids love it!

Joey and Kylah have also discovered something else that Papa has: fun games on his phone! Kylah's favorite is the Dora Memory Game, and Joey loves fishing and Angry Birds.

Grandpa's not a huge fan of holding the newborns (he says they're too little?!), but we made him hold Norah for a few minutes. :)

She does have eyes!

Papa and Gramma love.

Up until last night, we had a pretty peaceful and sleepy newborn. I'm thinking she woke up last night, because she was not the great sleeper last night as she had been! And she has perfected her cry! She loves to be held. Luckily, my mom was more than happy to help out for half the night and let Norah sleep on her. Then, after I fed her in the middle of the night, I let her sleep on my chest for the next few hours. I think it really is true that by the third child, you just do what you have to to get some sleep! (I'm pretty sure I never let Joey sleep on my chest just so I could get some sleep. We were all about getting him on a schedule and getting him to eventually sleep in his crib!) She'll eventually sleep in her crib... :)

6 comments:

Mom said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Elisa Seaba said...

She is SOO CUTE! Your pictures make me want to hold a newborn! :) Soo true about the "whatever you can do for them to get some sleep"! I think Raegan slept on me for over 6 months, all previous rules were thrown right out the window! :) She is just precious, glad you have been able to enjoy some family!

Anonymous said...

Chik-Fil-A sounds like the perfect first outing! =) She looks adorable in her little newborn outfit. Sweet girl.

Deacon took turns sleeping in our arms on his first night home. =) Josh was so concerned about him making a habit of snuggling to sleep. I was like, "Josh, he's 3 days old! Just do it." =) Sleep is too precious to worry about rules!

Elizabeth said...

I love the pic of all three kids together! So beautiful. How completely wonderful that all of the grandparents (including Grammy) could meet her so soon. I am very impressed with you Michelle to be making outings so soon after giving birth!

Sarah said...

I love the one of the 3 of them; it just shows how tiny she is compared to them. Sleep is sleep, girlfriend, whether it's in her crib, on your chest or in a car seat! :)

Kena said...

Your pics just warm my heart! There is nothing better than a baby! (Well a soul won to Christ is the only thing better-but a new baby is definitely second!!)You have an amazing family- you are extremely BLESSED!!!!!